klipsch image x10 vs yamaha eph 100 for hiphop rap dubstep
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

georgebuchs

Head-Fier
Hi I bought a pair of yamaha eph100 and the right earphone has a fault so.I have the option to get a replacement pair or get my money back now while they did work compared to monster turbines i found eph100 have better bass than the MT. but the mids on the MT was better with vocals a good bit better than the eph100.My MT had been WELL burnt in so will burning in the EPH100 help the vocals.But now i cant burn them in as the right earphone started making a strand noise after 5min.I use ipod nano 6thgen with Fiio E6  
amp.Should i stick with the EPH100 or go for klipsch image x10.Which would have better mids/vocals and bass the x10 or eph100
and which is better for hiphop,rap,dubstep 
thanks

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 9
If you compare MT, EPH100 with X10 then X10 are more detailed in mids, highs(vocal sound better) and bass is deep reverbing and most effortless i ever heard on any IEMs with fairly wide soundstage and has klipsch signature warm sound.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 9
Deffinately the X10s, very rich mids and highs combined with very detailed at tight, yet still boomy, bass. Ive got a full review of them linked into my signature if you feel you want to know a little more about them, plus there are other reviews of them around head-fi.

Ive only listened to maybe 3 songs on the EPH-100s and I thought the mids were slightly rolled off, and the bass seemed to bleed in just ever so slightly.

You can also get the X10s on amazon for cheaper than the EPH-100s.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 9
I'd say the X10 also, I think its a very good IEM especially for $90 which is what it is on Amazon now.  Bass is full and very clean sounding along with nice forward mids and crisp smooth treble.  They also have an above average soundstage for a single BA imo.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
I'd say the X10 also, I think its a very good IEM especially for $90 which is what it is on Amazon now.  Bass is full and very clean sounding along with nice forward mids and crisp smooth treble.  They also have an above average soundstage for a single BA imo.

Never noticed they went back down to $90, same price I got mine at. For awhile they had dipped back up to above $110 so this is probably the best time to get them.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 9
Its because Amazon got more in stock when they were over $100 it was third party sellers.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #7 of 9
That explains it. 

I kinda wonder where they are getting them all from, since the control talk X10s were discontinued and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back