Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Dec 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #271 of 355
Quote:
I don't know why I just bought a pair but the $85 they're going for was just to good to pass up I guess.  I've wanted to try them for awhile because of just how small the BA has to be and the fact they have good bass.  Gilly seems to like them quite a bit so I'm interested in hearing them but I can't believe they were over $300 when the first came out that's just crazy.

I did the same around xmas and was quite impressed with the sound. very nice amount and tightness in the low end. would have liked a bit more detail/crispness the upper area - seems just a little veiled compared to re0 and even my GR02 BE. Comfort is awsome, put these in and you forget you are wearing them but taking care of them is the hard part.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #272 of 355
I'm not expecting them to be world beaters or anything but I think I'll like them enough.  I like a warmer signature which by all accounts these have plus some nice punchy bass that will go well with EDM.  So I'm looking forward to hearing how they preform and I'm not even going to bother with comparing them to the SM3 because that's not a fair fight but I will see how they stack up next to another single BA in the FAD Heaven IV.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #273 of 355
Hey guys I've been lurking here for a while, I've almost created a hobby of reading these forums, anyways I bought the x10 because I like the sound signature of klipsch. When I first used these I was underwhelmed because there was a certain punch and lack of bass missing from these. I went to use them this morning and I was greeted with a loud military sounding heavy gunfire noise then my music played as normal except the missing bass suddenly appeared. Now they sound absolutely INCREDIBLE. My ears just cannot get enough however I'm wondering what happened and should I be worried that these apparently were not functioning correctly at first?

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #274 of 355
I've read that the X10 respond very well to amp'ing as it helps bring the mids out more and also helps widen the soundstage as well.

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #275 of 355
Yes I am going to give them another thrashing once me new amp gets here, if I ever decide which one to get.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #276 of 355
I just use the FiiO E11 and it works great, has plenty of power and doesn't color the presentation and has nice sounding bass boost.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #277 of 355
Think I may splurge for the C421 or Headstage Arrow - little more features and the SQ is supposed to awesome.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #278 of 355
Yeah the Arrow is nice , I was thinking of getting one for my next amp but I need a new DAP first.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #279 of 355
Quote:
Hey guys I've been lurking here for a while, I've almost created a hobby of reading these forums, anyways I bought the x10 because I like the sound signature of klipsch. When I first used these I was underwhelmed because there was a certain punch and lack of bass missing from these. I went to use them this morning and I was greeted with a loud military sounding heavy gunfire noise then my music played as normal except the missing bass suddenly appeared. Now they sound absolutely INCREDIBLE. My ears just cannot get enough however I'm wondering what happened and should I be worried that these apparently were not functioning correctly at first?

are you sure they had a good seal the first time you were listening? I've noticed with the X10s and the S4is that if the seal isn't perfect... the sound deteriorates considerably. Also I find using different tips can adjust the sound/seal as well.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #280 of 355
Getting a propper seal on the X10's is fundamental, as with most IEMs.

I've found the better tips for me are the medium standard ones, double flanged are more secure but tend to cause sibilance. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #281 of 355
I've been looking for £50 (~$80) IEMs, and these seem like a steal, but I'm worried about durability and sound signature. People say these are vulnerable, that there's sibilance and that it sounds darks because of the treble roll-off. If I'm going to get these, I want them to last at least a good year or two. Not too worried about treble per se, but I want the vocals to sound good. Would these concerns be a deal-breaker for me? Would I be happier with something else?

Also, how well do they isolate? I'll be using these mostly on the bus.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #282 of 355
Quote:
I've been looking for £50 (~$80) IEMs, and these seem like a steal, but I'm worried about durability and sound signature. People say these are vulnerable, that there's sibilance and that it sounds darks because of the treble roll-off. If I'm going to get these, I want them to last at least a good year or two. Not too worried about treble per se, but I want the vocals to sound good. Would these concerns be a deal-breaker for me? Would I be happier with something else?

Durability might be your main concern with the X10's as they are small and have been known to crack around the base but it depends on how well you take care of your stuff. X10s are a nice sound all around (maybe vocals are slightly veiled), good bass punch, I do not find any sibilance with them. If you would rather have more detailed upper range and give up a little bass, then I would suggest the RE0 on sale right now and they may be a bit more durable.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #283 of 355
Quote:

No sibilance for me. Midrange is great IMO, highs are somewhat lacking but I never found that to be a problem, it's there it's just simply not their strong point. 

Durability indeed is an issue, I had to repair the left strain relief with some thin thread + super glue, but this did not affect sound at all. With propper care they can last quite a bit.

@<$100 they're quite a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back