Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Nov 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #226 of 355
Go about half way up the rubber strain relief, leave the metal housing completely untouched, Have a couple of mm going past the strain relief (cable side) hanging over.

What you want to do mostly guy's is seal that end where it starts splitting, prevent the rubber from starting to spilt.

That's the main concern, how much you use and cosmetic changes is up- to you. :smile:

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #227 of 355
Quote:
Go about half way up the rubber strain relief, leave the metal housing completely untouched, Have a couple of mm going past the strain relief (cable side) hanging over.
What you want to do mostly guy's is seal that end where it starts splitting, prevent the rubber from starting to spilt.
That's the main concern, how much you use and cosmetic changes is up- to you.
smile.gif

thanks for the info H20Fidelity - considering a lot of people have the cable issue with klipsch headphones, I think this will help with longevity a lot and still keep the aesthetics looking pretty sharp. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #228 of 355
Quote:
That's the main concern, how much you use and cosmetic changes is up- to you.
smile.gif

Thanks, really appreciate this! Super helpful. I now understand the problem, I can see the seam and whatnot. Just seal that and it should be fine. Thanks again!

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #230 of 355
Just got my X10's a few days ago and love them. Sounds like I'm listening to vinyl, very analog sounding. I have IE7s and TF10s already and these are great companions to them!

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #231 of 355
I agree, wonderful companion to the TF10's. In my opinion on a similar level of quality, while being an altogether different sound sig

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #232 of 355
I thought I'd toss in my .02 cents. I have had Tf10's since last year, and just got my X10's today. After spending 1.5 hours A-Bing, I have to say, to my ears,
the TF10's kick the X10's in the 'nads. TF10's are much more dynamic and the bass is more pronounced everywhere. The sound of the X10's is more compressed,
and less polished sounding. Now this may be due to lesser bit-rate recordings(mine are mostly 256).  People complain that  the vocals are subdued on the TF10's.
Well, compared to the X10's, vocals are positively in your face. I honestly don't think the X10's are much better than CC51P's, which I also own. I don't think break-in
is an issue with a BA phone, so I don't think that is a factor. I made a point of playing tracks with some lower bass emphasis, because one of the things I missed
from my old pair of RP-HJE900's was some low bass in certain songs. To my ear, the X10's don't dig any deeper, and are certainly not as impactful. These are also
pretty inefficient phones; I have my Zune 32HD at 22 with my TF10's, and 26 with the X10's to match output. Added plus, mine have a short in the j-plug
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #233 of 355
For $85 there isn't much out there that can compete with these.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #234 of 355
These headphones are incredibly average. They sound as muddy as my old hack-around-in Sennheiser CX300s. The only positive things I can say about them is that they are tiny, they don't have much cable noise thanks to the way they stick out away from your ears, and they are comfortable. These things all matter, but I never had a problem with cheaper Sennheisers (except for cable noise).

Not worth $85. What do you expect from something so tiny, though. It's not a revolution, it's just the same mediocrity inside of a smaller casing. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #235 of 355
Quote:
These headphones are incredibly average. They sound as muddy as my old hack-around-in Sennheiser CX300s. The only positive things I can say about them is that they are tiny, they don't have much cable noise thanks to the way they stick out away from your ears, and they are comfortable. These things all matter, but I never had a problem with cheaper Sennheisers (except for cable noise).

Not worth $85. What do you expect from something so tiny, though. It's not a revolution, it's just the same mediocrity inside of a smaller casing. 

Oh come on. I'm a X10 hater and the X10 is far superior to the CX300 which lacks detail across the frequency range from memory.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #237 of 355
Oh come on. I'm a X10 hater and the X10 is far superior to the CX300 which lacks detail across the frequency range from memory.
Both lack detail. They're very, very muddy. Smooth sound is one thing. Jazz is smooth. Certain genres are "smooth". This is just muffled.

I'm spoiled by full size headphones hooked up to AMPs and DACs, I know, but I am still disappointed that these sound so average considering the MSRP, let alone the $85. I'm considering returning them since I'd use them for jogging, working out, etc, and they look really fragile for that, despite how comfortable they are. I wonder if Amazon will give you a full refund for opened items? (minus the restocking fee, of course)

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #238 of 355
My guess is that a good seal may be missing with the person up in the thread. Maybe trying the other tips before sending them back...
I can see the X10 not having the "breath" and resolution of the UE10pro, but again for the price, in comparison I find them quite good.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #239 of 355
Quote:
My guess is that a good seal may be missing with the person up in the thread. Maybe trying the other tips before sending them back...
I can see the X10 not having the "breath" and resolution of the UE10pro, but again for the price, in comparison I find them quite good.

+1 I had the same issue when first trying them on, I used the "medium" sized tips and the soundstage was small and bass was muddy.. changed it to the large tips and it was a huge improvement. Really excellent sounding IEM's even for the current list price on Amazon (think its around $150).

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #240 of 355
These are now my favorite IEMs. Even more so than my monster turbine pro golds. Fit is awesome although I can see how the size my be a bit fragile. Rey good seal and sound isolation. The first thing to notice is the bass is nice and tight even down the lower end but it is not boomy or loose where my turbines can actually sound little loose down there. Mids are nice and punchy. Highs are clear and detailed, may a lack a tad bit of warmth but I like the clear detail. Vocals area right there for you but I keep coming back to the tight punchy sound which I just love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back