Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Jan 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #196 of 355

Quote:
I have been listening to these for quite a while. I've tried just about every type of tip you can think of and my ears always eject them after a few minutes causing me to lose the seal. They also lack the WOW factor my older PL30 gave me.
I'm disappointed with the 'phones, but it's also past the return point. What would be the next logical progression from here?
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Put them on the for sale forums and look into another set of IEM's???

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #197 of 355
So I picked these up today.  I lost my TF10s and the fitment issues were very annoying anyway.  Between this and the Lightning Deal on the PX210BT, I'm all portable-d up for a while.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #198 of 355
Thanks for the heads-up on this!  I actually had just ordered a set of these the day before on Sunday.  They are suppose to arrive tomorrow actually.  I also spent over to 200 bucks on them.  I ordered another set to lock myself in at this price and I'm thinking I'll be returning the other set!  Thanks again.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #199 of 355
Thanks for the heads-up on this!  I actually had just ordered a set of these the day before on Sunday.  They are suppose to arrive tomorrow actually.  I also spent over to 200 bucks on them.  I ordered another set to lock myself in at this price and I'm thinking I'll be returning the other set!  Thanks again.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. 100% do that. You'll feel much better about your purchase.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #200 of 355
Just ordered these from Amazon as well.. I have a pair of the S4i's and I like them - though I'm not crazy about IEM's... but for travel nothing else makes sense and better audio (from the X10) is welcome.

I'm a bit worried though, there were a lot of bad reviews about the X10's on Amazon, I've had the S4i's for 2 years with no problem with the cable (I do take care my equipment though).. but it seemed quite a few people were complaining about their phones dying within 90 days.. any head-fi'ers have their X10's die on them?

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #201 of 355
I thought about ordering these, but my previous disappointment with the S4 series kept me away. I know they're entirely different, but they're still Klipsch in-ear.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #202 of 355
Quote:
I thought about ordering these, but my previous disappointment with the S4 series kept me away. I know they're entirely different, but they're still Klipsch in-ear.

I have the S4i and they work for inside my helmet when I'm riding (my only vehicle is a motorcycle) - but the sound quality is nothing to write home about.  The cable is cracking, but I'm NOT careful with them at all and the cable gets smacked around where it sticks out of my iPod when I'm at the gym.

I'm hoping the 10x will fit in my helmet even BETTER and provide better sound.  I'll do a little comparison after I get them today or tomorrow.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #203 of 355
I want new IEM's so bad. I had to use the stupid Apple EarPods for almost a month now. To me the EarPods and the S4i's I was using before are similar in sound, but damn I miss isolation and comfort so much. I'm sick of my ears feeling like they're gonna explode at any moment, I want the X10i so much. I liked the S4, sounds good (since I haven't heard better it sounds good to me) but the cable broke around 2 months ago. Since then I've either been trying to use them or the apple ones. I can't wait to get X10's, I'm sick and tired of not having isolation. That's one thing the S4 did very well, I couldn't hear a thing with music on.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #204 of 355
x10s:

These are not hi-fi.  They're passable, but they're like a really good version of the S4 and really lack sparkle and separation.  Soundstage is respectably wide for an IEM though.  Where these things excel is their amazing comfort!

I can wear these for hours - and I can EASILY wear them under my helmet.  I may even be able to wear them while lying on my side but I haven't checked that out yet.  At $95, these are a no-brainer.  For $350?  Jump in a lake, Klipsch...

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #205 of 355
I used my s4's for about six months and decided it was time for a change. I checked here in Head-Fi to look for some cheap IEM's and ended up getting the JVC HA-FX40s, which in my opinion sound MUCH better than the s4's. Has anyone compared these to the HA-FX40s? Just thought I would check.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #206 of 355
Quote:
x10s:

These are not hi-fi.  They're passable, but they're like a really good version of the S4 and really lack sparkle and separation.  Soundstage is respectably wide for an IEM though.  Where these things excel is their amazing comfort!

I can wear these for hours - and I can EASILY wear them under my helmet.  I may even be able to wear them while lying on my side but I haven't checked that out yet.  At $95, these are a no-brainer.  For $350?  Jump in a lake, Klipsch...

As fickle as I am with trying new headphones/ earphones, these have stayed with me for 4 years. I agree these are in no way $350 worthy (they were always available for under $200 for the most part) but at under $100, they are very good. Non fatiguing highs, deep bass and fairly expansive soundstage compared to full-sizers. They don't stay in like expandable foam types but they are a cinch to take out when your wife is repeatedly needing an answer to something less than important 
mad.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #207 of 355
Quote:
I used my s4's for about six months and decided it was time for a change. I checked here in Head-Fi to look for some cheap IEM's and ended up getting the JVC HA-FX40s, which in my opinion sound MUCH better than the s4's. Has anyone compared these to the HA-FX40s? Just thought I would check.

I tried the FX40s and found them to be screech monsters on the high end (they are still in the reject drawer). I know others liked them, I never did. The X10s and the FX40s will sound nothing alike.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #208 of 355
should be getting my pair later today, i'll post some comments comparing them to the s4is..

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #209 of 355
Quote:
x10s:

I have to agree, huge disappointment.  Maybe I have been too spoiled.  But they are comfortable.  Can't decide whether to keep em or send em back.

Edit:  I was a little judgmental, they might be growing on me a bit.  They are kinda like the Shure m97x of IEMS as in they have a very analog sound to them.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #210 of 355
So upon first listen 2 things are obvious about the X10 (not surprising)
1) sound much much better than the S4i, much clearer - better detail separation and vast soundstage almost speaker like (pretty cool feat for a IEM).
2) but only when paired with extremely well recorded lossless or high bit-rate tracks.. some tracks I thought sounded great with the S4is sound awful with the X10s.
- due to point #2 I feel the S4i's are a better all arounder for casual listening or travel, especially the new v2 of the S4i with the better cable construction.

Cable build is as expected with reviews, look thin and sensitive, comfort is good - they are even lighter than the S4is which will help with long term comfort. I'm happy the vocals are warmer, i'm sensitive to shreeky and sibilant treble so win for the X10s there, bass is also clean and impactful (where the S4i's were often farty and impactful).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back