Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Dec 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #181 of 355
I would not pay full price but around $150 it's a fair price and $94 is a great deal 
biggrin.gif

Regarding the mid I was pleasantly surprise because I was expecting them to be recess but no they are very good. Not in your face a la Grado but just right IMO.

My number 1 IEM is the eQ5 but the X10 are getting more time lately. New toy syndrome I guest. Don't get me wrong the Ortofon are better but the Klipsch are a fun listen for sure.

Quote:

so you think they worth the 130 - 160 or the full MSPR?

are the mids recesed on the X10?

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #182 of 355

Quote:

so you think they worth the 130 - 160 or the full MSPR?

are the mids recesed on the X10?

I'd say anything under 150 is a fair price. Anything over 150 and you're paying to much. The X10 isn't anything special as far as sound signature goes for it to command a 350 plus price tag. It's a very nice pleasant listen with It's warm bass oriented sound that isn't muddy and the bass is nicely controlled and isn't a cannon like say my S4 or my Coppers. Detail retrieval is decent for the sound signature sound stage is pretty good and it can do rock OK. Note I said OK not great. Out of all my IEM's it scales up the least when amping so it'll sound pretty good from whatever DAP you run it off of. For me I'd class it as rather dark sounding because the highs are so smoothed over. It's not a bad IEM James but I wouldn't rate it as the greatest sounding for a flagship IEM, I personally expected more from it but I bought it for 95 bucks plus shipping so it's a keeper for me. Considering you own the TRi-Fi 10's I'm surprised you're looking into these IEM's. Are you going bass head on us all of a sudden?

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #183 of 355

Quote:
I'd say anything under 150 is a fair price. Anything over 150 and you're paying to much. The X10 isn't anything special as far as sound signature goes for it to command a 350 plus price tag. It's a very nice pleasant listen with It's warm bass oriented sound that isn't muddy and the bass is nicely controlled and isn't a cannon like say my S4 or my Coppers. Detail retrieval is decent for the sound signature sound stage is pretty good and it can do rock OK. Note I said OK not great. Out of all my IEM's it scales up the least when amping so it'll sound pretty good from whatever DAP you run it off of. For me I'd class it as rather dark sounding because the highs are so smoothed over. It's not a bad IEM James but I wouldn't rate it as the greatest sounding for a flagship IEM, I personally expected more from it but I bought it for 95 bucks plus shipping so it's a keeper for me. Considering you own the TRi-Fi 10's I'm surprised you're looking into these IEM's. Are you going bass head on us all of a sudden?

nah, just checking if it worth it. but the more I read it is a "bass heavy" IEM the less I want it. Actually I've been using some ety's MC5 because the TF10 are in the border of "too much bass" for me, but the TF10 soundstage always makes me come back to it.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #184 of 355
were the 94$ triple fi and x10 from the amazon sale sold directly from amazon or another seller on amazon. And do they still fall under warranty?
I know some people received a defective pair- if any of you were in that boat, did you have trouble getting a replacement?

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #185 of 355
Yes, both were sold directly from Amazon.  I bought my TF10s from Amazon 2 yrs ago, same deal (maybe $5 more), and have had logitech replace my cables twice.  No warranty issues.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #187 of 355
So, about the sibilance: I actually get sibilance high frequency peaks in the 2300 and 8900 range only when using the bi-flange tips.

Every other tip is extremely finicky and uncomfortable. Breathing, tilting my head slightly, and my canal expanding snr contracting drastically changes the sound and seal with single flange tips.

I really want to enjoy these things. They make watching anime an awesome ****ing experience, and quite a lot of my music becomes far more enjoyable with dat bass, whilst still being acceptable in other frequencies.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #188 of 355
C.  Try to pull them out and get a seal without them so deep.  I am used to deep insertion IEM as well, and found these much better when I put them in very shallow.

Quote:
I'm having problems with the x10. I am very happy with the sound. The bass is satisfying without obscuring the miss, but I have a few problems.
A. The headphones are very sibilant. It makes my favorite metal band, Versailles, unlistinable.
B. There seems to be very sharp peaks at 2300hz, and 8900hz. I get fatigued about an hour in to listening, when I'm used to living with various soundmagic iems for 10+ hours a day.
C. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit. I get painful pressure that makes it often impossible to enjoy the music. I was able to get complete seals with other iems without this painful pressure. I've tried hybrids and the gels. Don't have the money for comply tips, though.
D. The strain reliefs pressed against my outer ear and cause them to become very sore very quickly. I try to turn them upside down and wear them over the ear, but it's difficult to get a seal, and the x10s get ejected from my ear if I move around too much when worn this way.
Any advice would.be greatly appreciated.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #191 of 355
Well....maybe I'm just losing my mind but tonight I just hooked up my X10 to my DIY Marilyn pocket amp  for the first time and it made a difference....as in a BIG difference. My X10's aren't so dark anymore, matter of fact the highs are quite prominent and now it's leaning towards bright sounding. Anyone else run across this or am I going crazy? Some other sound attributes I've noticed, sound stage is now wider and music is far more layered meaning it has far MORE depth. Definition and crispness is superb and quite wonderful to listen to. Listening to the X10 out of my iPod with no amp the music felt more boxed in and two dimensional. These things seem to really scale up quite noticeably and I doubt I'll ever bother listening to the X10's unamped again. My Monster Coppers also scale up very nicely when I amp them but the X10 I'm thinking scales up even more. Right now the X10's almost keeps up with the Coppers falling behind in mids and deeper more bodied bass. Of coarse the Coppers are known for being little bass cannons so it's a rather unfair comparison. I'm really liking what I'm hearing right now, these IEM's I'm keeping around for as long as I can and I'm hoping the form factor will last. I will also say when amped the Coppers have better forward and side depth then the X10 but the X10 is no slouch either. Looks like I finally found my kick back on the bed IEM for my pop rock/electronica/hip hop. In case anyone is interested I've settled on the Klipsh small sized dual flanged tips. The deep insertion brings out both the details and bass an I've found that sibilance is kept to a minimum when I use them. Oh and so everyone knows I found that because the highs are now more prominent sibilance is also more noticeable. Luckily the flanged tips keeps it at acceptable levels. When not amped sibilance with the flanged tips out of my iPod is nearly non existent. I should look into better flanged tips one day. I'm guessing a tri flange tip would really work well with these.

On a side note I so love Marilyn and what she can do for my gear

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #192 of 355

Quote:
Well....maybe I'm just losing my mind but tonight I just hooked up my X10 to my DIY Marilyn pocket amp  for the first time and it made a difference....as in a BIG difference. My X10's aren't so dark anymore, matter of fact the highs are quite prominent and now it's leaning towards bright sounding. Anyone else run across this or am I going crazy? Some other sound attributes I've noticed, sound stage is now wider and music is far more layered meaning it has far MORE depth. Definition and crispness is superb and quite wonderful to listen to. Listening to the X10 out of my iPod with no amp the music felt more boxed in and two dimensional. These things seem to really scale up quite noticeably and I doubt I'll ever bother listening to the X10's unamped again. My Monster Coppers also scale up very nicely when I amp them but the X10 I'm thinking scales up even more. Right now the X10's almost keeps up with the Coppers falling behind in mids and deeper more bodied bass. Of coarse the Coppers are known for being little bass cannons so it's a rather unfair comparison. I'm really liking what I'm hearing right now, these IEM's I'm keeping around for as long as I can and I'm hoping the form factor will last. I will also say when amped the Coppers have better forward and side depth then the X10 but the X10 is no slouch either. Looks like I finally found my kick back on the bed IEM for my pop rock/electronica/hip hop. In case anyone is interested I've settled on the Klipsh small sized dual flanged tips. The deep insertion brings out both the details and bass an I've found that sibilance is kept to a minimum when I use them. Oh and so everyone knows I found that because the highs are now more prominent sibilance is also more noticeable. Luckily the flanged tips keeps it at acceptable levels. When not amped sibilance with the flanged tips out of my iPod is nearly non existent. I should look into better flanged tips one day. I'm guessing a tri flange tip would really work well with these.

X2 on the amping these from my perspective. I bought a Fiio E11 a few months ago, and dutifully tried it with my collection of iem's. In the end it seemed like a waste of $65, and I put it in my  (already crowded) drawer. 

I ordered the triple fi's and the x10's during the Amazon sale a couple weeks ago. When I initially tried to x10's I was distantly underwhelmed. Plenty of bass, but a little lifeless and dull otherwise, although as everyone mentions, very comfy. I put them away and just enjoyed the triple fi's, which I love. Then I had the idea, why not try them with the amp I bought and never use? I charged it up and plugged them in. WOW! What a difference! They sounded much more like the triplefi's-lively and energetic, good treble extension and much better soundstage. I'm no expert, but if you have a pair of the Klipsch's, and an amp, try them out together-I bet you will be impressed!

I really need to stop coming here....

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #194 of 355
Same experience here. I have been using them from day one with a DACport at work and it's been very good. That is probably why I didn't understand people when they complained about the X10 because I'm in not a basshead at all and prefer a clear & balanced signature and I know the X10 is not balanced but I can enjoy them very much. The bass is present but in a well control way and with a great level of detail/layer. 

Quote:

Quote:
X2 on the amping these from my perspective. I bought a Fiio E11 a few months ago, and dutifully tried it with my collection of iem's. In the end it seemed like a waste of $65, and I put it in my  (already crowded) drawer. 

I ordered the triple fi's and the x10's during the Amazon sale a couple weeks ago. When I initially tried to x10's I was distantly underwhelmed. Plenty of bass, but a little lifeless and dull otherwise, although as everyone mentions, very comfy. I put them away and just enjoyed the triple fi's, which I love. Then I had the idea, why not try them with the amp I bought and never use? I charged it up and plugged them in. WOW! What a difference! They sounded much more like the triplefi's-lively and energetic, good treble extension and much better soundstage. I'm no expert, but if you have a pair of the Klipsch's, and an amp, try them out together-I bet you will be impressed!

I really need to stop coming here....

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #195 of 355
I have been listening to these for quite a while. I've tried just about every type of tip you can think of and my ears always eject them after a few minutes causing me to lose the seal. They also lack the WOW factor my older PL30 gave me.

I'm disappointed with the 'phones, but it's also past the return point. What would be the next logical progression from here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back