Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Dec 12, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #166 of 355

Quote:
I actually prefer the Klipsch cables because it is a good smooth material and less prone to tangling than thicker and tackier cables.  As much as I love to complain about Klipsch,  I find that they are the best in comfort and portability in iem's.  The only complaint I can make is the cable isn't replaceable.

I agree 100%. Compared the the TF10 cable the X10 cable is awesome IMO (minus the fact that it isn't replaceable of course).

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #167 of 355
I'm having problems with the x10. I am very happy with the sound. The bass is satisfying without obscuring the miss, but I have a few problems.

A. The headphones are very sibilant. It makes my favorite metal band, Versailles, unlistinable.

B. There seems to be very sharp peaks at 2300hz, and 8900hz. I get fatigued about an hour in to listening, when I'm used to living with various soundmagic iems for 10+ hours a day.

C. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit. I get painful pressure that makes it often impossible to enjoy the music. I was able to get complete seals with other iems without this painful pressure. I've tried hybrids and the gels. Don't have the money for comply tips, though.

D. The strain reliefs pressed against my outer ear and cause them to become very sore very quickly. I try to turn them upside down and wear them over the ear, but it's difficult to get a seal, and the x10s get ejected from my ear if I move around too much when worn this way.

Any advice would.be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #168 of 355
I'm sure they guys will have other tip recommendations, but have you tried the flange tips?

For me, the X10 was utterly unlistenable with sibilance with the medium silicone tips that came on them. The flanges fixed everything.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #169 of 355

Quote:
I'm having problems with the x10. I am very happy with the sound. The bass is satisfying without obscuring the miss, but I have a few problems.
A. The headphones are very sibilant. It makes my favorite metal band, Versailles, unlistinable.
B. There seems to be very sharp peaks at 2300hz, and 8900hz. I get fatigued about an hour in to listening, when I'm used to living with various soundmagic iems for 10+ hours a day.
C. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit. I get painful pressure that makes it often impossible to enjoy the music. I was able to get complete seals with other iems without this painful pressure. I've tried hybrids and the gels. Don't have the money for comply tips, though.
D. The strain reliefs pressed against my outer ear and cause them to become very sore very quickly. I try to turn them upside down and wear them over the ear, but it's difficult to get a seal, and the x10s get ejected from my ear if I move around too much when worn this way.
Any advice would.be greatly appreciated.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Quote:
I'm sure they guys will have other tip recommendations, but have you tried the flange tips?

For me, the X10 was utterly unlistenable with sibilance with the medium silicone tips that came on them. The flanges fixed everything.

X2. For me the sibilance was mostly cured by using the flange tips. Not the most comfortable fit but it works well enough. I'm guessing you may need to experiment more with different tips. If you don't have the cash for comply if you have other IEM's lying around try mixing and matching their tips onto the X10.

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #170 of 355
man, these iems should be called 'Klipsch For Flight', comfortable, isolating and relaxing sound.

i was on a 12 hour flight and I actually had to turn the volume DOWN cause i just wanted to relax rather than listening to it at my normal volume 

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #171 of 355
To all who complain about the cable, I agree that it's not as good as the Ortofon eQ5's cable, but just please be gentle and you can enjoy these for a long time. I've had my X10ii since May and it's still in perfect condition.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #174 of 355

Quote:
350$ was a unusual price for a single BA driver. does it worth the 160 usd it goes as of now?

Actually amazon sells them for 130$, but at 350$ they're extremely overpriced. I personally think there are better alternatives out there for that price range (130$), but it depends on what you're looking for. If comfort is extremely important for you, these won't disapoint. I paid 95$ for my pair but I returned them because they seemed to be somewhat defective (when I inserted them into my ears, they stopped emitting any sound for a short amount of time). Also, they didn't seem very durable to me. They have a very warm and smooth sound like other klipsch products, but I think you can find better sound for that price range (around 130$)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #175 of 355

Sorry to ask but could it be that you insert them too deep and that they got block by ear wax? (I happen to me so )
Quote:
Actually amazon sells them for 130$, but at 350$ they're extremely overpriced. I personally think there are better alternatives out there for that price range (130$), but it depends on what you're looking for. If comfort is extremely important for you, these won't disapoint. I paid 95$ for my pair but I returned them because they seemed to be somewhat defective (when I inserted them into my ears, they stopped emitting any sound for a short amount of time). Also, they didn't seem very durable to me. They have a very warm and smooth sound like other klipsch products, but I think you can find better sound for that price range (around 130$)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #176 of 355

Quote:

thanks for the detailed reply. 130 seems more likely for a single BA indeed

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #177 of 355

But I have to say that I'm impress with the sound so far even knowing it's a single BA. They are not fatiguing and the detail/definition on the lower range is just so good that makes it very musical and pleasant to listen too.
Quote:
thanks for the detailed reply. 130 seems more likely for a single BA indeed

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #178 of 355

Quote:
Sorry to ask but could it be that you insert them too deep and that they got block by ear wax? (I happen to me so )

No it wasn't earwax. I understand my issue was quite weird, but I'm sure the problem was with the IEMs. To me, it seemed that when the pressure changed inside the IEMs they stopped emiting any sound for a few millisecond. Also, I had a similar issue with my Image S4. My S4's left earbud died, but when I inserted the IEM in my ear, sometimes I could hear sound for a millisecond (once again, I think it was due to pressure change due to the seal).

The earphones were working, but this issue really worried me about how long they would last, so I decided to return them and bought the TF10. These should arrive by the end of this week, so I'm really eager to try them! 

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #179 of 355

Quote:
But I have to say that I'm impress with the sound so far even knowing it's a single BA. They are not fatiguing and the detail/definition on the lower range is just so good that makes it very musical and pleasant to listen too.

so you think they worth the 130 - 160 or the full MSPR?

are the mids recesed on the X10?

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #180 of 355
I'd say $200 retail, $140-170 street would be appropriate. They fall a bit short compared to the high-end dynamics and multi-driver BAs. However, you're paying extra for the comfort and tiny size of the X10s.

I'm still conflicted on what I think of the mids. I prefer a more mid-centric sound, so the X10's mids seem a little recessed to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back