Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Dec 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #151 of 355
Quote:
Amazon have them at $119. That is still a good price 
wink.gif

It is indeed!   I paid something like $149 for my second pair a while back and I thought that was pretty good.  But, $119 is a great price for a good product.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #152 of 355

Quote:
You do realize that they're vented and don't isolate like your other IEMs. They should "sound like" you aren't getting a seal, when in fact you are. 

In terms of isolation sure, the EX1000 will never be as good as other IEMs. But for sound quality the buds still need to seal and I find most of the tips supplied with the EX1000 slip out after awhile, though I found the medium foam kind've works ok for me now. This is a complete contrast thought to the X10 which I can just slip in to my ears and I get a good comfortable seal straight away. They feel very natural.

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #153 of 355

Quote:
What's wrong with the cable? Just because it's thin and "feels" frail to you automatically condemns the cable to being no good? Shure SE530's cable is at least three times as thick as the X10, and "feels" sturdy, yet a lot of people had cable problems within months. 

Though if you are willing to cut open your X10's cable and compare the innards with that of a pair of $300+ IEM, and post your results to the forums, you are totally welcome to do so. 
ph34r.gif

No need to get upset about it. I was just giving out some quick impressions. My point is for a high priced flagship IEM I was expecting a better cable. Considering on some sites this IEM sales for 300 plus dollars I think it's not outlandish of me to expect an IEM with a cable that's thick enough to limit microphonics to a bare minimum.

In any case thus far I'm pretty happy with the X10. I've been wearing it on the go for a couple of days now and the comfort and isolation is superb. I usually don't like a sound signature that's to bassy but the X10 seems to do mainstream rock well enough to keep me happy. I'll post back some more findings once I've played around with some different tips.

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #154 of 355
the X10 is really worth the price..I got them for 100 dollars and I am really amazed with its performance I am so glad I got them.. I also have a Westone 4 But I always reach out for my X10's.. these are just more livelier sound.. I would recommend them and You can get them for atleast 150 dollars they are still worth the price... they are small handy and overly amazing.. I do have microphonics and it irritates me.. Thats the only downfall but I just turn up the volume to loose the microphonics.. anyone notice a significant improvement in quality of the cable and the sound quality compared to the X10i??

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #156 of 355
They're 90% of the TF10 but the fit is amazing. Unfortunately the cable is atrocious and it's like wearing a stethoscope.

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #158 of 355
They're 90% of the TF10 but the fit is amazing. Unfortunately the cable is atrocious and it's like wearing a stethoscope.

I agree with this but more like 70-80%. The microphonics really are unbelievably bad especially when walking, it's really bad in my left ear. The sound is great though and they are comfortable but if you're selling a $300+ iem you have to come up with something better than the cable on these.

They're nice but they're more in league with the UE700s than the tF10s imo. Pretty overpriced at MSRP but not a bad deal at around $150 (and a good deal for the $99 some of us got them for)

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #159 of 355

Quote:
I'm happy to report back that I tried the flange tips and it cured 95% of the sibilance. Can someone explain how a slightly different tip can eradicate the overwhelming sibilance? What's the physics behind that?

It's the same thing with the Monster Turbine Pro Gold.  With the Monster stock (Sony Hybrid) type tips there was no sibilance, but with the Monster stock dual flange tips the sibilance was unbearable for me although it provided the best fit.  I have found the Monster Turbine Pro Gold to sound better in all areas especially bass but are not near as comfortable.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #165 of 355

Quote:
I got everything except the rectangular zip poach. I'm guessing the rectangular zip poach was available when it first came out and Klipish has since stopped providing it. Is anyone else here disappointed with the X10's cable? The cable looks so frail and cheap I wasn't expecting this type of cable on an IEM flagship that has sold on some sites for 300 plus dollars.

I actually prefer the Klipsch cables because it is a good smooth material and less prone to tangling than thicker and tackier cables.  As much as I love to complain about Klipsch,  I find that they are the best in comfort and portability in iem's.  The only complaint I can make is the cable isn't replaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back