Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Nov 26, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #32 of 355
Considering that they were both on sale yesterday, you might want to wait a bit.  I would imagine that there might be quite a few TF10s in the For Sale section soon due to "fit" issues.  I have also heard and read quite a few complaints about the cable on the TF10.  But, I have also heard a lot of praise on their sound sig.  YMMV.

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #33 of 355
Ok - thanks. I sold a pair of TF10 recently for $150 - not sure if that's a good price. It's hard to price these as I've been out of the head-fi loop for a while. What were the TF10s selling for? Mine are actually the one with the mic for iPhone - forget what they're called. Would $100 be a fair price for the X10 normally? I was thinking more like $125 or $150 but Amazon killed that I guess :-/

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #35 of 355

Quote:
Considering that they were both on sale yesterday, you might want to wait a bit.  I would imagine that there might be quite a few TF10s in the For Sale section soon due to "fit" issues.  I have also heard and read quite a few complaints about the cable on the TF10.  But, I have also heard a lot of praise on their sound sig.  YMMV.

No question there are fit issues. That said, there are so many posts on TFi10 appreciation thread, especially compared to other IEM appreciation threads.

(Trying to rationalize just buying TF10) :)

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #36 of 355

Quote:
 Mine are actually the one with the mic for iPhone - forget what they're called. 

I think the TFs are referred to as the 10vi with the mike, and the X10s are called X10i.  As for pricing, I would defer to others on this forum with much more knowledge about them than me.

Amazon or eBay may not be a bad idea though; especially before Christmas.

beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #37 of 355

Quote:
No question there are fit issues. That said, there are so many posts on TFi10 appreciation thread, especially compared to other IEM appreciation threads.

(Trying to rationalize just buying TF10) :)

Hey, at THAT price, I think anyone can suspend any rationalization and dive in.  If you don't like them, they are worth much more than that on the used market.  Some of the members here bought more than one pair and have graciously offered them to fellow members for cost + shipping + PayPal fees!  

Comrades in arms, or...IEMs.

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #38 of 355

Quote:
Both of them were selling for $95!

Wow that's insane. The TF10 is in another league as far as sound quality though the X10 is much more comfy/stylish. $95 for TF10 is crazy. Maybe I should just make customs out of my other TF10? Does UE do it or someone else? I'll have to do a search on the forum...

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #39 of 355

Quote:
Wow that's insane. The TF10 is in another league as far as sound quality though the X10 is much more comfy/stylish. $95 for TF10 is crazy. Maybe I should just make customs out of my other TF10? Does UE do it or someone else? I'll have to do a search on the forum...

Check the last 10 to 15 pages of this thread.  A lot of the people who picked up the TF10s were going to try to get a group price on a reshell.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/518656/the-iem-portable-headphones-deal-alerts-thread-no-affiliate-links-permitted

Then, I see, they started this thread. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/582214/triplefi-10-custom-remolding-group-buy-thread

I would hold on to them if I were you.

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #41 of 355

Quote:
If any one picked up a X10 and want to trade for a brand new TF10 let me know.

I may be interested after I listen to my X10s (they're arriving tomorrow). I'll let you know later.

EDIT: Right now, I think it's pretty likely I'll want to trade. I anticipate being judged among my audiophile friends for having 3 Klipsches (Image S4, Image One, and now X10) 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #42 of 355
Nov 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #44 of 355
i actually can't wait for my X10s to arrive.

super small,  very comfortable, isolating with a warm relaxing sound, they are perfect for flights.

i was worried about going on a 14 hour flight with my GR07s cause they aren't the most comfortable and isolating iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back