Klipsch Image S4i II Wiring Help
Jul 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lasraik

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of Klipsch Image S4i headphones on eBay that had a bad headphone jack.  I picked up a few TRSS replacement jacks, with the help of this website I found this:

And also found this helpful picture

So the problem I'm running into is I can't get the remote to work.  Sound comes in great on both left and right sides, but no luck getting the remote to operate.  I've tried a few different combinations but just can't seem to get it to work.  This is first time I've fixed a TRSS headphone but I've done lots of reading and searching and just can't find what I'm doing wrong, starting to get frustrated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: OK after cutting the cable and starting all over again, the above colors are correct.  Not sure what I was doing wrong with the wires but it works now.

There is a strand with a white coated wire and a green and red wire wrapped around it.  I unwrapped those three wires and wrapped the red strands with the red cable for the right side and the green strands with the green cable.  This was a bit tedious so I used a small pair of needle nose pliers to get the strands apart.  Then used the copper cable for the ground (3) and the white cable tinned the wire a bit to get the coating off and soldered that to the sleeve.  This did it, they work great now.

Hope this helps someone else who runs into the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back