Klipsch Image S4 vs Sennheiser IE6
Oct 3, 2010 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

YamiBas

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'd like to know what IEM's are the best for heavy bass music? The IE6 or the Image S4? Can anybody help me out on this one because I read positive and negative things about them and that kind of confused me. Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Yami_Bas

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 22
I'm looking at the same two IEMS myself, and I'd like to know how much noise leak they have (in comparison to eachother).

I'll be using them every day on the train and bus, and I'd like to listen to music at fair volumes (I'm generally a loud, immersive listener) without bothering the person sitting immediately next to me.

From what I hear the S4s are better at isolation, but the IE6s have a bit of noise leak—how accurate is this, and how bad is the noise leak in the first place? If it's barely audible that's okay, but I'd really like to not have any worries.

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 22
Brainwavz M2's > Klipsch S4's

haven't heard the IE6's.

i've had a pair of S4's for about 3 weeks now with well over 100 hours on them, and i just received my M2's a couple hours ago and i already like the M2's more. they sound like the S4's but with smoother mid range.

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 22
Can't even get them where I live, so that sort of rules them out.

Quote:
Brainwavz M2's > Klipsch S4's

haven't heard the IE6's.

i've had a pair of S4's for about 3 weeks now with well over 100 hours on them, and i just received my M2's a couple hours ago and i already like the M2's more. they sound like the S4's but with smoother mid range.

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 22

Quote:
Can't even get them where I live, so that sort of rules them out.

where do you live? i thought mp4 nation shipped everywhere. the visang R03's on ebay are the same. maybe you can get those where you are. they are much better than the S4's, much smoother.

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 22

Quote:
I'm looking at the same two IEMS myself, and I'd like to know how much noise leak they have (in comparison to eachother).

I'll be using them every day on the train and bus, and I'd like to listen to music at fair volumes (I'm generally a loud, immersive listener) without bothering the person sitting immediately next to me.

From what I hear the S4s are better at isolation, but the IE6s have a bit of noise leak—how accurate is this, and how bad is the noise leak in the first place? If it's barely audible that's okay, but I'd really like to not have any worries.

I hate it when people try to be the "sound police" but honestly, at average-loud volumes, noise bleedthrough shouldn't be much of a problem on the bus/train since any excess bleedthrough should be masked by the drone of the mechanics

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 22

Quote:

where do you live? i thought mp4 nation shipped everywhere. the visang R03's on ebay are the same. maybe you can get those where you are. they are much better than the S4's, much smoother.

I live in Germany, but I get my stuff from amazon.de—they don't seem to stock them. I don't like purchasing things off of other sites, or having something shipped globally, so I'd prefer buying from amazon or similar by all means, if possible.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 22

Quote:
I hate it when people try to be the "sound police" but honestly, at average-loud volumes, noise bleedthrough shouldn't be much of a problem on the bus/train since any excess bleedthrough should be masked by the drone of the mechanics

That's what I'd like to believe too, but I know how awful it can be to have somebody right next to you listening to horrible music on a 30min bus ride—I'd rather stay on the safe side, just for the courtesy of others.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 22

Quote:

That's what I'd like to believe too, but I know how awful it can be to have somebody right next to you listening to horrible music on a 30min bus ride—I'd rather stay on the safe side, just for the courtesy of others.

maybe buses in germany are quieter...If you were in boston, nobody would be able to hear my grados playing...then again I wouldn't :p

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
maybe buses in germany are quieter...If you were in boston, nobody would be able to hear my grados playing...then again I wouldn't :p

I don't live in a particularly large city, so most of the traffic is fairly quiet and much of the distance is spent on inter-city travel. From what I can tell, German roads are also generally built a lot better than American roads and as a result smoother even after wear and tear. I can easily make out music that somebody within 3 meters of me is listening to with earbuds, sometimes I can even recognize and understand the actual lyrics.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
I don't live in a particularly large city, so most of the traffic is fairly quiet and much of the distance is spent on inter-city travel. From what I can tell, German roads are also generally built a lot better than American roads and as a result smoother even after wear and tear. I can easily make out music that somebody within 3 meters of me is listening to with earbuds, sometimes I can even recognize and understand the actual lyrics.

maybe that's why americans are suffering severe hearing loss....it's not the ipods, it's the buses they force children to ride in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back