Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones ...vs... Shure SE115-BLU Sound Isolating Earphones with Dynamic Microspeaker II
Feb 20, 2011 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

astevens34

New Head-Fier
Hello,
What is your preference out of these two earphones? I have researched these, and others in the same price range (around $50), and THINK that these are my best options.  I am new to the forum so any advice is much appreciated!! I would use these for casual listening and while I sleep, and occasionally while running (so I microphonics comes into play).  Let me know what you think
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298262994&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE115-BLU-Isolating-Earphones-Microspeaker/dp/B001TDKML4/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298263074&sr=1-7
(a few dollars cheaper, and blue, which I like)
Would you recommend anything else instead?
Thanks
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 9
also, I like to have a good amount of bass.  Not sure if I would be considered a 'bass head', but I wouldn't want headphones without quality bass.

Any suggestions?
thanks very much. I'll be checking in to see what you all think

Feb 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
What type of music are you listening to?  What kind of player are you using?  Check out Jokers thread for some great info on all sorts of IEM's in different price ranges.

I listen to some indie bands, rock, but mostly R&B and rap.
I'm using an iPod
Thanks I'll check it out

Feb 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 9
i think in that price range, the Hippo VB might be a better buy for you than the S4.. i own both (VB and S4) and would definitely say that the VBs trump the S4s in the bass department; and the mids and highs department :D.. the S4s to me are quite sibilant and i find the bass on them to be more boomy and less precise than the VBs.. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 9
Seconded, the Hippo VB would be a better bet

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 9
interesting, thanks for the recommendation. I'll look all these up

Are the hippo VBs and others suitable for running? (as in not falling out or having cable noise from friction)

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #9 of 9
honestly speaking, the hippos are kinda big for running.. also i tried them on the treadmill once but they kept falling out :p.. if you're willing to spend a little more, get the VBs for on-the-go/ regular day to day stuff and get something like these for running.. also if you plan on running outdoors, i'd recommend an open portable headphone or clip-on style earpads with regards to safety, i almost got ran over by a bus once and couldnt hear it coming coz i was using IEMs 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back