Klipsch Image One and S5i Rugged - Now Shipping.
Dec 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 15
if the image s5i sound like the s4i(which im assuming they do), theyll likely appeal to a vast market. but if they do they won't appeal to a pretty large amount of headfier's. don't get me wrong, i love my custom 3's.anywayssss

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 15
Rugged LOL. The image s4s were already almost indestructable. So i guess the S5s are fireproof to 1000 degrees, crushproof up till 1 ton, waterproof to 500m, dustproof and the cables will survive even if u try to strangle people with it? But jokes aside, i dont reckon this is a good move if the drivers are not updated, especially with the increased price.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
Rugged LOL. The image s4s were already almost indestructable. So i guess the S5s are fireproof to 1000 degrees, crushproof up till 1 ton, waterproof to 500m, dustproof and the cables will survive even if u try to strangle people with it? But jokes aside, i dont reckon this is a good move if the drivers are not updated, especially with the increased price.

I disagree, I had my s4 earbuds for about a half year before they broke for no reason. Its not like I was constantly tugging the cable, they were treated like gold.

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 15
I had my S4s for a little over a year then they just cut out, very sad. Although Klipsch gladly replaced them for free.

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #9 of 15
The wire on the image s4's was sub par, i would have expected them to die shortly before they were returned for being too shrill and distorted on high volumes, too grainy, and the mids were colored towards the treble, they got literally EVERYTHING wrong that I want i a pair of headphones.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 15

Quote:

the cable was thin and flimsy, hardly indestructable 

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 15
Remote is a bit heavy, definitely use with the clip that comes with it and very easy to access.  Cool hard case with LED light assuming for "outdoor" use while you are running.  Studier cord and tangle-free.  Sounds and fits just like S4.  "Rugged" design adds some rubber padding for easy grip.  My second pair as a back up to my S4, got it for $57 through partnership is a steal for me.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #13 of 15
i had four pairs of the s4s go out on me.  i use them in the gym, but i don't move them around (they just sit in the bottle slot).   it's been pretty frustrating.  typically, one ear or the other dies on me.   i'm replacing them with the s5i, and i hope this will improve things, though i'm not really confident about it....

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #14 of 15
Not sure what sources you're playing from at the gym, but I find using bluetooth headphones for working out is much easier than dealing with a cable.  Plus the remote in the cable must be heavy.  If you haven't tried wireless, I highly recommend it.

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 15
thanks for the tip.  i use a nano 2g and rsa sr-71a.  just sit it on the treadmill or in the water cup holder.  never really had any problems, to be honest, with the weight of the s4 (of course, it doesn't have a remote) or it moving around.  that might become an issue with the image s5i, which klipsch is letting me swap the s4 out for - i really don't need the remote, but i am tired of the flimsy build quality of s4.  if this doesn't work out (no pun intended), then i'll have to go some other route - never thought of bluetooth...soundwise, the s4, and i would imagine, the s5i, is okay for a noisy gym.  

of course, i never take my GOOD iem's outside (like the JH13) :)

UPDATE:  Been using the S5i for a few weeks now, and the weight doesn't seem to be issue.  It does seem sturdier wire-wise than the S4.  Sound is fine, and, with the stock tips, the fit seems better than the S4.  Happy with them as my "go to" gym IEMs so far (minor quibble: the wire seems just a bit long'ish, but no big deal).  Hope they last longer - a lot longer - than my S4s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back