Klipsch IMAGE earphone review
Apr 21, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #106 of 118
When I use an amp with mine it's either a Little Dot III (tubes) or iBasso D2. They sound warm and tubey with the LD3 heh. They sound great through the D2 also though, with a little tamer treble and bigger soundstage. They did not sound good at all through the Corda Headsix when I had that however.

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #107 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr dougie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I use an amp with mine it's either a Little Dot III (tubes) or iBasso D2. They sound warm and tubey with the LD3 heh. They sound great through the D2 also though, with a little tamer treble and bigger soundstage. They did not sound good at all through the Corda Headsix when I had that however.

I would imagine since the Image already has very forward mids (what I've read here, especially from soozieq0, that combining them with an amp that also brings the mids forward (to my ears) would present a huge lack of synergy.

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #108 of 118
Hello from Shanghai to all!

Very few here knows that Klipsch makes earphones. So it's so glad to see so many Image fans on this forum. I'm not just new to this forum, but also new to earphones - if mobile phone stock or bluetooth don't count. Appreciate if people here could help me with some questions on the Image as well as headphones as a whole.

Not until recently had I considered that earphones might produce acceptable sound. With no experience at all with any real earphones I searched the net and bought myself a pair of Image to use with my iPhone last month. Why Image? Because I was really not sure if I could stand things in my ears. As the Image was said to be the most comfortable, I figured at least I wouldn't need to spend money on another pair if I couldn't bare with the Image.

I'd say I like them now, after some initial difficulties. Yet I hope I can overcome the rest of the difficulties, possibly with you guys to help.

I don't know how you guys started with your first sealed earphones. For me it took quite some time to get use to the ambient noise when plugged - without music, with music turned on I don't hear that noise.

The cord noise is still bothering me, alot. I've tried everything, including a clip on my shirt, winding the wire around ears, adjust the little thing (don't know how to call it in English, well don't even know how to call it in Chinese :) to make the wires rest on my neck - none of these work for me. (Around ears worked but I soon got some skin allege behind my ears). So how do you guys get around this cord noise or don't you just feel it?

Without any earphone experience to start with, I didn't really know what to expect in terms of sound quality. Now I'd say I enjoy it when on the move, although it's not comparable to my home audio system. I tried it with Benchmark DAC1 at home, it did sound better than with the iPhone. And it did stand the power level when I turned the volume dial to about 4 o'clock - didn't go further, guess Klipsch won't replace it if I blow it :) The bass is above expectation, mid is good and the high acceptable. But it's very difficult for me to enjoy "sound stage" or "image" from the earphones, it just feel weird - the singers sitting on your forehead, or singing IN your head.

A question here, regarding sound quality: how far can a headphone go, compared to this Image (my only reference)? Would the potential sound quality improvement justify the purchase of an over-the-head headphone (say HD650), for mid-night audition at home (we don't have 7-acre backyard here in Shanghai)? Or shall I just stick to the Image?

BTW, I do have something to contribute here with the Image. How fast can you tell which is left and which is right? It takes me no time with light and 1 second in total darkness - I warped a tiny bit of 3M isolation tape (red) around the wire next to the "tail" of the right earbud, hope that "mod" helps, and Klipsch really should make this "feature" stock - I won't file a patent.

Again, really excited to see I'm not the only Image owner on this planet. From your posts I can see you guys are amazing.

May 8, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #109 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Thump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like bass than you are in for a treat with Klipsch headphones. Many will call me a bass head. I guess it is from my days of running live sound systems with tons of headroom and multiple 18” pro audio drivers for subs. You just can’t replace that clean thunderous “thump” as the kick drum is smacked by the kick drum pedal. This is what I focused on when coining the sound signature of all our Klipsch products and IMAGE is no exception to this rule. This is always a challenge when designing a single armature PM. Great lengths were taken to insure that there was sonic integrity through the entire bandwidth. Another key design feature insuring maximum performance is the proprietary ear gel featuring a unique cross-section to better suit your ear canal. Consistent pressure to the wall of the ear canal is the key to this ear gel. I hope you enjoy it!

basshead.gif

Well I got it and after some days of use, I can tell you that they have a lot of bass, very good bass, and IMO they lack a little bit of some sparkle on the highs as a result of that, of course comming from full sized heapdhones, but they do have an incredible textured bass...For now they are among the best IEM I have heard....

My ideal is something between the Klipschs and the Sleeks....Shure SE420 is on the way to his new owner, tried also the 530, not my cup of tea, same happen with the UE10 and UE11, both not my cup of tea at all, and on top, I found both extremelly overpriced for what they give you...

May 15, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #110 of 118
Well after a few days more things begin ot change, tried them with the LISA III, and OMG things are like in a theater, full rich bass, textured, and the highs are not bad, more present, subtle but very natural, what I like from them is the natural sound, like in front fo you, they will send me some new tips, larger than the ones I got, to see if things will improve, taking them a little out of the ear channel, for now they are, along with the Sleeks, the best IEM I have tried.

May 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #111 of 118
Bass on image is rich, full and deep with great extention of mids and highs. Image is really awesome product(great for rock) and hope Klipsch will fix the cable issue in future.

May 15, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #112 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass on image is rich, full and deep with great extention of mids and highs. Image is really awesome product(great for rock) and hope Klipsch will fix the cable issue in future.

Cables were the biggest issue. I really wish they went over your ears and then down your back like the Custom-3. Also would like the "nylon wrapped" cables.

Mine are going back =\ I can't even walk around with them without hearing horrible microphonics.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #113 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cables were the biggest issue. I really wish they went over your ears and then down your back like the Custom-3. Also would like the "nylon wrapped" cables.

Mine are going back =\ I can't even walk around with them without hearing horrible microphonics.

Anyone have any suggestions reducing the mirophonics? I love the Image (just got mine this week), but similarly if I walk around the microphonics are distracting.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #114 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zamboni Guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any suggestions reducing the mirophonics?

Yes, a shirt clip -- specifically this one.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #117 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still slightly confused about the Klipsch range. So which is the actual flagship model? Custom 3 or X10?

X10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back