Klipsch IMAGE earphone review
Feb 6, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #76 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could anyone with a klipsch image please post some pics of them actually fitted in the ear, I would like to see what they look like.

Imagine a piece of wire protruding from your ears. That's it!

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #77 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could anyone with a klipsch image please post some pics of them actually fitted in the ear, I would like to see what they look like.

I have trawled the whole net and can't find anything.

Many thanks.

Isn't the gallery at the Klipsch site good enough? Go here then maybe click on the image of the blond woman with shades. It's not a close up but still.

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #78 of 118
Soozieq, Have you tried ordering the Image directly from Klipsh. The list on them is $350.

I am in love with these headphones.

Have you heard them through an amp. If so, does the sound improve a lot when paired with an amp?

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #79 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlychild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soozieq, Have you heard them through an amp. If so, does the sound improve a lot when paired with an amp?

No, I have no interest at all (thank God for my pocket!) in amps. But I don't see how the sound could be improved unless the midrange was less aggressive - and I don't think an amp can take care of that. I guess if they're used with a crappy generic player, they might benefit from an amp (didn't you say the bass was not nearly as good on your sprint touch?) - but they don't need amping with the Zune, not to my ears anyway.

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #80 of 118
I have tried with my Rudistor RPX-33 (a high end amp) -- and the sound is greater! Perhaps not day and night difference but certainly late breakfast to lunch difference.

Still I could live without an amp because the real reason I bought the phones was for portability. And the sound is still really good.

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #81 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still I could live without an amp because the real reason I bought the phones was for portability. And the sound is still really good.

Are you having any issues with the midrange - or is it only me? I do like an upfront midrange, but on certain albums, the vocals are so 'in my head' I could scream!! I can't seem to get any 'space' between my head and the vocals.

I guess it's not a huge problem as it's not evident on all music - just some. And then I just turn it down to tame the vocals. That's probably the only problem I'm experiencing at the moment and as the Zune has no EQ, I can't do anything about it. Other than that - they're very impressive, but I would expect them to be at that price!

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #82 of 118
Re: Midrange-- My experience with midrange screaming is with the Grados. So perhaps I have more tolerance. I will say there is one song that made me through my Grados off my head b/c it felt like the woman vocalist was screaming. I will listen to this song with the IMAGEs tonight and report back.

In terms of overall soundstage-- no they are no where near the 701s or the CD3000s but wide or wider than the W11JPNs-- which is wider than most closed headphones.

Hmmm... Perhaps this is a weakness. I will have to check it out. This is making me think. Can't wait to listen.

Keep in mind I was so overwhelmed by the "fun" factor that I did not really listen listen (if you will).

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #83 of 118
I just received a notice from Klipsch that the Custom 3's are now available. I ordered a pair. Hopefully they come soon (before my 30 day return with Amazon on the IMAGE) so I can determine if the SQ is better enough to offset any lost comfort.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #84 of 118
Quote:

I just received a notice from Klipsch that the Custom 3's are now available. I ordered a pair. Hopefully they come soon (before my 30 day return with Amazon on the IMAGE) so I can determine if the SQ is better enough to offset any lost comfort.

Welcome to the club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #85 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. I am looking forward to being in the family/club.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieg
Are you having any issues with the midrange - or is it only me? I do like an upfront midrange, but on certain albums, the vocals are so 'in my head' I could scream!! I can't seem to get any 'space' between my head and the vocals.

Yes I can see how the sound stage can be seen as closed in. I think it is related to my earlier post that there is not a full 360 degree surround effect. Some angles do not seem to as much sound, space to them and I would say the vocals are in all in the head (mostly center).

But it not bad to me or problematic.

Who knows perhaps the Custom 3s improve on everything.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #86 of 118
Quote:

Yes I can see how the sound stage can be seen as closed in. I think it is related to my earlier post that there is not a full 360 degree surround effect. Some angles do not seem to as much sound, space to them and
I would say the vocals are in all in the head (mostly center).

OK, so it's not just me that's hearing it. For instrumental, they're sublime - but once the vocals take root in the brain - it's hard to enjoy. Like I said, it's not with all vocals - just some, which makes it more frustrating!

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #87 of 118
Wow, this Image thread had really died out. I will post my impressions on the Image vs C3s vs SE530 in the Headphone section later today or tomorrow. After having all of them at the same time to test out, I have decided to keep the Image.

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #88 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlychild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this Image thread had really died out. I will post my impressions on the Image vs C3s vs SE530 in the Headphone section later today or tomorrow. After having all of them at the same time to test out, I have decided to keep the Image.

I guess maybe you'd be better off putting the review in the headphone section instead of the sponsor forum.
More people would look in headphones.

Feb 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #89 of 118
I'm still forming an opinion on mine. There's a lot of good with them but I'm finding the treble on up to be harsh and it's pretty distracting. It's especially noticeable on heavily vocal music, for example I really don't like the way Sarah McLachlan's and her backup Camille's voices sound on them. I'm trying some different tips so we'll see.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #90 of 118
I received my Custom 3s so I now have both the Image and the Custom 3s.

But all is not well in the land. I cannot get a tight, comfortable seal for the Custom 3s. There is never enough bass -- actually very little so I assume it is the seal but I am unable using any of the tips-- even used the Image tips to get a seal. But to no avail.

I imagine the Custom 3s could sound great because the treble is more open than on the Images. But without the bass they are lean-- not enough fun to make it worthwhile.

I checked the Klipsch site for fit/seal instructions-- saw videos and tried everything but nothing has worked. I put the Images in instant seal-- can even play around with the seal to increase, decrease bass and SQ.

So I think the Images are standing and the Custom 3s are going back to Klipsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back