Klipsch Image A5i Sport Headphones Pre-Release
Nov 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:
45 degree? V-moda does it, but I would think a 77.5 degree would be best, or around 60 degree, enough to not get caught in the pants, and enough to give room between the jack and device.
Sorry i was referring to cable microphonics, as in hearing the cable rub against the shirt, I would imagine it would be a big no-no, but just confirming. And yes I completely agree with the type of music it should work with.

The tangle resistant kevlar armored cables are rounded on the A5i (compared to the new S4i which have flat cables) and that is a good thing because flat cables typically produce more cable noise than round cables.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #17 of 37
Me likey!! I was a bit put off at the M40's but I've always been a fan of your in ears so an extra look at these may be in order. 

If you need anyone to do a review I may be able to squeeze that into my busy schedule if you feel like sending me a pair 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:
Me likey!! I was a bit put off at the M40's but I've always been a fan of your in ears so an extra look at these may be in order. 

If you need anyone to do a review I may be able to squeeze that into my busy schedule if you feel like sending me a pair 
ksc75smile.gif

I honestly am not sure how we are handling the review units for the A5i Sport.

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #19 of 37
OK.. Has anyone tried these yet? Interested to hear how they sound compared to the Image S4. Those are my current workout IEM's but could use a little more stability while on the treadmill. Looking in terms of Comfort, Sound quality (most important) and Noise Isolation as my gym is quite noisy. Currently happy with the S4's but was interested recently in upgrading in terms of sound. Have yet to find a good pair of workout IEM's that fit my bill.  

Was hesitant to buy these until I have seen some real life reviews.. Seems no one has reviewed these yet on amazon or any other site as of yet.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:
OK.. Has anyone tried these yet? Interested to hear how they sound compared to the Image S4. Those are my current workout IEM's but could use a little more stability while on the treadmill. Looking in terms of Comfort, Sound quality (most important) and Noise Isolation as my gym is quite noisy. Currently happy with the S4's but was interested recently in upgrading in terms of sound. Have yet to find a good pair of workout IEM's that fit my bill.  

Was hesitant to buy these until I have seen some real life reviews.. Seems no one has reviewed these yet on amazon or any other site as of yet.

I have used both the S4A & A5i Sport for workouts and the comfort/stability factor isn't even close. My S4As didn't fall out very often but occasionally. Not once have the A5i Sport fallen out. With the around ear design, it's pretty much impossible, especially if you chose the right ear tip size.

Noise Isolation with the A5i Sport & S4 family is the same.

What type of music do you listen to? The A5i Sport are tuned to sound better with upbeat workout music.

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 37
Thanks for the response back Alex.. I listen to all types of Genre's but mostly all types of rock... alternate rock, classic rock and soft rock.. Though at times catch myself listening to R&B, Pop and 70's Lite Music..
normal_smile .gif

Interested to know how is the bass is compared to the 4S and the X10? I certainly do not consider myself a basehead but do like some base with my music although I am not big on Hip Hop\Rap Music. I feel the 4s have just about the right level of base without over taking the mid's and high's and keeping the sounds clear and distinct.

Been looking at some reviews on the X10 which state they have a little bit more cleaner bass(not sure if that means less boomier) and crisper sound, however allot of negative comments on fragile wiring which will concern me using them at the gym.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:
I know this question has nothing to do with these headphones in particular, but is Klipsch still based in Arkansas for the most part?

We still do have a factory in Hope, Arkansas; however, we are currently based in good ol' Indianapolis, Indiana!

Quote:
Thanks for the response back Alex.. I listen to all types of Genre's but mostly all types of rock... alternate rock, classic rock and soft rock.. Though at times catch myself listening to R&B, Pop and 70's Lite Music..
normal_smile .gif

Interested to know how is the bass is compared to the 4S and the X10? I certainly do not consider myself a basehead but do like some base with my music although I am not big on Hip Hop\Rap Music. I feel the 4s have just about the right level of base without over taking the mid's and high's and keeping the sounds clear and distinct.

Been looking at some reviews on the X10 which state they have a little bit more cleaner bass(not sure if that means less boomier) and crisper sound, however allot of negative comments on fragile wiring which will concern me using them at the gym.

The A5i can handle that music pretty well. X10 is a completely different ballpark than the S4 and A5i, as it should be since the MSRP is quite a bit higher. That being said, I would choose an option with a remote for the gym. Also, the A5i is designed to be durable against sweat/moisture which is obviously quite handy for working out.

Quote:
I purchased a pair to try. Currently letting them burn in.

That's great. Please let us know what you think!

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #25 of 37
Out of curiosity what is the impedance of these? My set is not doing well at all with my desktop main headphone amp but sounds considerably better directly from my android htc one x. I have used that amp to drive other iems including a klipsch x10 and the a5i is the first first set that sounds better on the phone and it's by a wide margin

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:
Out of curiosity what is the impedance of these? My set is not doing well at all with my desktop main headphone amp but sounds considerably better directly from my android htc one x. I have used that amp to drive other iems including a klipsch x10 and the a5i is the first first set that sounds better on the phone and it's by a wide margin

(1kHz) 17 ohms

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #27 of 37
When will this be released? Its not yet in Amazon. Im from the Philippines but a friend of mine in US is coming over, very soon so it would be cool to own one!

Otherwise shipping is expensive. 

If you want to send ones for free to review, Ill take one too. lol. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:
When will this be released? Its not yet in Amazon. Im from the Philippines but a friend of mine in US is coming over, very soon so it would be cool to own one!

Otherwise shipping is expensive. 

If you want to send ones for free to review, Ill take one too. lol. 

The A5i Sport are already available in the US from Klipsch.com: http://www.klipsch.com/image-a5i-sport-headphones

So your friend could order them up for you!

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #29 of 37
i have a pair of the custom 3's, which i love but are slowly falling apart, replaced the cable mini end and one of the earphone caps has fallen off.  they sound amazing but wondering if they sound as good?

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #30 of 37
I hope ebay sellers that ship overseas pick this up soon, I so want this one. Currently my workout IEMs are a pair of Shure 215's but every once in a while I feel the need for something more specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back