Klipsch Image A5i Sport Headphones Pre-Release
Nov 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Alex L

Member of the Trade: Klipsch

Introducing the Klipsch Image A5i Sport In-Ear Headphones!

[size=12.222222328186035px]We have heard the cries for Klipsch to come out with headphones suitable for EVERY WORKOUT and we have answered them![/size]

[size=12.222222328186035px]These are lightweight, moisture/sweat resistant headphone that stay in place during your toughest workout. A secure fit design gently wraps around your ear for stable fit that won’t fall out while a customizable flex wire design, allows you to position the headphone so you find the perfect fit.[/size]

[size=12.222222328186035px]These are available now for pre-order (shipping next week) as part of a LIMITED PRE-RELEASE until January. Once we run out of our pre-release stock, these will not be available until January, so get yours now![/size]

Key Features:
  1. Kevlar Armored Cables
  2. Slim Three-Button Mic and Remote System
  3. Built-in Clothing Clip
  4. High Efficiency Driver
  5. Patented Oval Ear Tips

[size=12.222222328186035px]Image A5i Sport In-Ear Headphones ($129.99): Product Page[/size]

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 37
Those are ugly!!!  That being said I'll take a set.
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:
Will they survive a run though the washing machine??

I cannot say that they will....but we have a TON of reports from original S4 owners that their headphones survived a dreaded trip through the wash. It's not really possible to make a good-sounding headphone that is 100% water-resistant.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

I cannot say that they will....but we have a TON of reports from original S4 owners that their headphones survived a dreaded trip through the wash. It's not really possible to make a good-sounding headphone that is 100% water-resistant.

a few questions. 

Microphonics, isolation, and sound signature. 

I used the Hisound Popo for gym, which worked well for numerous reasons:
  • They survived yanking, dropping, stuffed in pockets with keys, and a 73min wash @60C in the washing machine - I kid you not. My Sony MW600 didn't though.
  • They had no obvious flaws in sound signature that could distract you - like sibilance, getting a treble spike at the bottom of my 15th 120kg squat is not pleasant I assure you.
  • They had the right sound. They were bass heavy, EDM and metal do wonders for keeping the energy up, they also were forgiving and didn't bother you with flaws, and they had some soundstage, which helps with euphoria and elevating you into that anabolic state. 

I have been meaning to write an article about all of this for a while. Maybe I should make some time after my exams and do it. 

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:
a few questions. 

Microphonics, isolation, and sound signature. 

I used the Hisound Popo for gym, which worked well for numerous reasons:
  • They survived yanking, dropping, stuffed in pockets with keys, and a 73min wash @60C in the washing machine - I kid you not. My Sony MW600 didn't though.
  • They had no obvious flaws in sound signature that could distract you - like sibilance, getting a treble spike at the bottom of my 15th 120kg squat is not pleasant I assure you.
  • They had the right sound. They were bass heavy, EDM and metal do wonders for keeping the energy up, they also were forgiving and didn't bother you with flaws, and they had some soundstage, which helps with euphoria and elevating you into that anabolic state. 

I have been meaning to write an article about all of this for a while. Maybe I should make some time after my exams and do it. 

I appreciate the feedback on what makes a good pair of workout headphones....but I didn't see any questions in that post...haha! 
tongue_smile.gif

User experience different from headphone to headphone, but my original Image S4A have survived all of things you listed...I baby my A5i Sports (they're new) but they are built to be durable and stand the tests of the gym. We spent a lot of time on these.

That being said, any headphones will eventually break from yanking and stuffing in your pockets. They are very delicate electronics in general.

In terms of sound, I haven't found any obvious flaws in the sound signature. We have put in a lot of work to clean up the sibilance particularly. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

I appreciate the feedback on what makes a good pair of workout headphones....but I didn't see any questions in that post...haha! 
tongue_smile.gif

User experience different from headphone to headphone, but my original Image S4A have survived all of things you listed...I baby my A5i Sports (they're new) but they are built to be durable and stand the tests of the gym. We spent a lot of time on these.

That being said, any headphones will eventually break from yanking and stuffing in your pockets. They are very delicate electronics in general.

In terms of sound, I haven't found any obvious flaws in the sound signature. We have put in a lot of work to clean up the sibilance particularly. 

Well now just 2 left Microphonics, isolation?

:p should have used a "?" 

Anyway, good info, thanks. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 37
Will the A5i have a straight jack like the S4's or will they have a 90 degree jack. I typically workout with my phone in my gym shorts and find that straight jack at times get caught up in my pocket. Think for sport headphones a 90 degree jack works out better.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:
Well now just 2 left Microphonics, isolation?

:p should have used a "?" 

Anyway, good info, thanks. 

The Image A5i Sport have the same award-winning isolation of the Image S4i because of our unique design that still takes advantage of the oval in-ear tips. It really is an ingenious system we have created. Regarding microphonics, the Image A5i are meant to sound better with upbeat pump-up workout songs rather than classical musical (or something similar).

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:
Will the A5i have a straight jack like the S4's or will they have a 90 degree jack. I typically workout with my phone in my gym shorts and find that straight jack at times get caught up in my pocket. Think for sport headphones a 90 degree jack works out better.

The Image A5i do have a straight jack. We have had varying feedback on straight vs. 90 degree jack. In theory, a straight jack should work better since 90% of audio devices have their headphone jack's up top...but I guess that doesn't take into account that the device may rotate in pocket.

In any case, it is something we are actively considering and debating.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

The Image A5i do have a straight jack. We have had varying feedback on straight vs. 90 degree jack. In theory, a straight jack should work better since 90% of audio devices have their headphone jack's up top...but I guess that doesn't take into account that the device may rotate in pocket.

In any case, it is something we are actively considering and debating.

45 degree? V-moda does it, but I would think a 77.5 degree would be best, or around 60 degree, enough to not get caught in the pants, and enough to give room between the jack and device.
Quote:
The Image A5i Sport have the same award-winning isolation of the Image S4i because of our unique design that still takes advantage of the oval in-ear tips. It really is an ingenious system we have created. Regarding microphonics, the Image A5i are meant to sound better with upbeat pump-up workout songs rather than classical musical (or something similar).

Sorry i was referring to cable microphonics, as in hearing the cable rub against the shirt, I would imagine it would be a big no-no, but just confirming. And yes I completely agree with the type of music it should work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back