Klipsch HP-3
May 29, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #181 of 621
So the HP-3’s arrived today and what a terrible experience. They arrived with a broken case, it was previously used/returned and I believe I received the walnut version? I’m not sure about the wrong color as mine has the black headband but with walnut wood finish? Totally sick to my stomach I was really looking forward to the great unboxing others have had and should have.

At this rate they will definitely be going back but this left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably look for another headphone. When I bought them I didn’t know they were made in China and now I can see why. I also noticed there was no seal over the opening of the box that I’ve seen in pictures online which I’m assuming was taken off because they had been returned.

I’ll also never be buying from Uncrate again shame on them for giving me a product in this condition.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #183 of 621
So the HP-3’s arrived today and what a terrible experience. They arrived with a broken case, it was previously used/returned and I believe I received the walnut version? I’m not sure about the wrong color as mine has the black headband but with walnut wood finish? Totally sick to my stomach I was really looking forward to the great unboxing others have had and should have.

At this rate they will definitely be going back but this left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably look for another headphone. When I bought them I didn’t know they were made in China and now I can see why. I also noticed there was no seal over the opening of the box that I’ve seen in pictures online which I’m assuming was taken off because they had been returned.

I’ll also never be buying from Uncrate again shame on them for giving me a product in this condition.
Oh no, that sucks! :triportsad:

May 29, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #184 of 621
I just looked at some pictures online and it looks like I did receive the ebony model. I’m quite shocked at how much brown there is in the wood I thought it would be more black.

Can anyone else confirm they had a seal on the opening of their box?

May 29, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #185 of 621
Yes, they come with a seal on the box. If I were you, I wouldn't hold this against the set, but against the seller.

If you get a new pair from a proper seller, trust me, you will not be disappointed. I feel very sorry for you though, it must be heartbreaking to get your hopes shattered like that.

May 29, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #186 of 621
I just looked at some pictures online and it looks like I did receive the ebony model. I’m quite shocked at how much brown there is in the wood I thought it would be more black.

Can anyone else confirm they had a seal on the opening of their box?

Mine were sealed with a little gold sticker on the top corner of the box. Ya the ebonies, although very dark, do have a hint of wood color in them, I personally like it. If you post some pics, we could help confirm.

Did you listen to them? If they have already been opened, who cares, you know what I mean. You might plug them in and fall in love, ha.

May 29, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #187 of 621
Mine were sealed with a little gold sticker on the top corner of the box. Ya the ebonies, although very dark, do have a hint of wood color in them, I personally like it. If you post some pics, we could help confirm.

Did you listen to them? If they have already been opened, who cares, you know what I mean. You might plug them in and fall in love, ha.
My thoughts as well.

May 29, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #188 of 621

I just bought some LCD 4s from an authorized dealer that were demos and were assured that they were handled with 'kids gloves', but when I received them the headband was loose and I had to gorilla glue the threads on the screws, and a hairline crack in a wood cup I also gorilla glued (as per audeze customer service direction). I paid 3000 CAD, but they retail for 7000 as they are custom zebra wood.
I'm keeping them because I can overlook the aesthetic issues for the most glorious sound I have ever heard from any headphones ever. They did refund 10% and they have the full audeze warranty. So my advice is if they sound good just keep them.
11235999.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #189 of 621

No I have not listened to them but since they have already been used and returned why not. This will actually be a good opportunity to test them out I guess.

Here are some pics of the wood and the broken box. Notice how much brown there is almost like a walnut not ebony which is not what I wanted.

Attachments

• C60E84BA-AA8F-4B07-A1FD-37F874BD1EA7.jpeg
    C60E84BA-AA8F-4B07-A1FD-37F874BD1EA7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • AC1CFB1A-E680-4BCC-9062-E0FADDEF1280.jpeg
    AC1CFB1A-E680-4BCC-9062-E0FADDEF1280.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 837898F5-3062-46DA-86B5-490B6549332C.jpeg
    837898F5-3062-46DA-86B5-490B6549332C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
May 29, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #190 of 621
No I have not listened to them but since they have already been used and returned why not. This will actually be a good opportunity to test them out I guess.

Here are some pics of the wood and the broken box. Notice how much brown there is almost like a walnut not ebony which is not what I wanted.
Alright give them a shot! Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!

May 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #191 of 621
Alright give them a shot! Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Either way the they will be going back even if the sound blows me away. Absolutely unacceptable to pay this much money for a broken box used headphone. My guess is they don’t have any more new ones left because they were discontinued. Stay far away from Uncrate people.

May 29, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #193 of 621
I have the walnut version and it's much lighter than that. And I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying they are discontinued, in Europe they are available in tons of stores.

May 29, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #194 of 621

Ya definitely the ebonies, bummer about the box/presentation.

Maybe I missed it in a previous post, but what headphones are you coming from and what amp/dac are you running, out of curiosity.

May 29, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #195 of 621
And I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying they are discontinued, in Europe they are available in tons of stores.

The reason we are saying that is that Klipsh.com has stopped selling them on their website, which probably means they have no interest in making more, meaning the existing stock is all there will be. When I bought my oak version from Adorama the sale was listed as a "clearance sale" and now the oak color is no longer listed on their site. My guess is that the reason there are European retailers still have them is that international stock is lagging behind a few months due to logistics because they probably came from a USA warehouse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back