Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Feb 28, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #199 of 1,468
Will the connections be proprietary type connectors? Or universal so the customer can recable from other manufacturers??

We haven't finalized yet but our goal and main decision to change is that we are hearing the community likes to recable. So we will use something standard if we make the switch so that you will in fact be able to recable without having to seek out a proprietary connector

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #202 of 1,468

A little different...here is what we are thinking, from the housing to the yoke, it will be similar to the X20i cable (heavier gauge), then from the yoke to main connector, braided mesh fabric color. Click the link and look at the cable...super cool copper and black

http://www.klipsch.com/products/reference-x20i-in-ear-headphones

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #203 of 1,468
A little different...here is what we are thinking, from the housing to the yoke, it will be similar to the X20i cable (heavier gauge), then from the yoke to main connector, braided mesh fabric color. Click the link and look at the cable...super cool copper and black

The exact cable I'm looking to replace! lol Not over sonic quality but over the remote snagging on every shirt I own. This is why I asked about proprietary connectors.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #204 of 1,468
The exact cable I'm looking to replace! lol Not over sonic quality but over the remote snagging on every shirt I own. This is why I asked about proprietary connectors.

You certainly will not have that problem as there will be no mic! Lol

The X20i was designed before my watch. I absolutely love them, but we have many requests for a non mic version, it is something we are working on. We also have some ideas for revising the X series of wired but there is only so much time...

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #206 of 1,468

Sounds great, I continue to look forward to these.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #207 of 1,468
We haven't finalized yet but our goal and main decision to change is that we are hearing the community likes to recable. So we will use something standard if we make the switch so that you will in fact be able to recable without having to seek out a proprietary connector

Also, unlike the X20, there will be connectors so you can change right at the source (no pigtails-just 3.5mm).

Awesome news! Love the look of the X20i's cable.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #208 of 1,468

This picture should give you an idea of what the cabling looks like. Above the yoke you'll have 4 conductor twisted pair with a smoked semi-transparent TPE jacket. We're going to go with 4 conductors and then combine them together at the 3.5mm. If we use 2 conductor cable it'll be the same amount of copper but split between two cables. With 4 cables we can create a tighter and more consistent weave.

Below the aluminum co-molded yoke we'll have braided nylon cabling, and I'm currently working on using nylon that's a bit more robust so it doesn't snag easily. We will have updated designs of the 3.5mm going to the headphone yoke, but you should be able to use just about any standard 3.5mm connector for recabling since we're not creating any kind of proprietary locking mechanism.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #209 of 1,468
Nice! I like it. I hope it is more flexible than the Teak / original Th-X00 cable. Looks like it will be.

Good stuff! I think that's an awesome direction to be going. :)

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #210 of 1,468

One more update for you guys - here's the preliminary rendering of the headphone stand that we're planning to include in the package. The copper piece at the base is intended to function almost like a screwdriver socket. It's magnetic and the bent steel (10mm) rod will magnetically attach to the socket. The top pad will be some form of silicon/soft material in case you drop the headphone (don't want that wood getting scuffed up). This one's coming from a sub-supplier so other than a plastic 3D print, I don't have any real photography just yet.

Guys and gals, please let me know of anything we missed on this stand. Just like the feedback on LEMO vs Mini-XLR vs HR-10 vs 3.5mm connector, we'll get it done. Head-Fi has helped us solve some of the "on-the-fence" issues very quickly. We really appreciate it. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back