Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Jan 25, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #768 of 1,468
The gorgeous Heritage HP-3 reference headphone, now in a fully detailed review on Headfonia!
https://www.headfonia.com/review-klipsch-hp3/
I agree with this review. HP-3 is a fun type of HPs that provides lifelike vivid enjoyable music listening. As in the review, HP-3 may not be accurate and neutral, but I do like them very much. And they complement my other more "reference" type of HPs quite well.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #769 of 1,468
Hello everyone, I have try the HP-3, and I must say, I am much impressed! They are really worth it for their price (1k usd I assume). They sound very vivid, dynamic and raw, instrumental songs with guitar and drums sound very good on them! Like "Fleetwood Mac - The Chain" and "Daughter - Love", sound very energetic and raw. Compare to my andromedas, the clarity is much better! I hear things i not suppose to hear with the andros.

The bass reaches very low and is very thicc and heavy. The midrange is incredibly textured. The highs have very good extension and sound very crispy, more harsh and detailed than my andromeda which imo has very smooth highs, to the point where there is no sharpness at all. Some may find it too bright/harsh, but i find it very airy and detail compared to my andromeda where too smooth can be a bad thing.

I thinking this will be a good competitor to the focal elear, maybe even better. Right now, i can say the difference between this and my andromeda is considerable,i might even say huge.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #770 of 1,468
Hello everyone, I have try the HP-3, and I must say, I am much impressed! They are really worth it for their price (1k usd I assume). They sound very vivid, dynamic and raw, instrumental songs with guitar and drums sound very good on them! Like "Fleetwood Mac - The Chain" and "Daughter - Love", sound very energetic and raw. Compare to my andromedas, the clarity is much better! I hear things i not suppose to hear with the andros.

The bass reaches very low and is very thicc and heavy. The midrange is incredibly textured. The highs have very good extension and sound very crispy, more harsh and detailed than my andromeda which imo has very smooth highs, to the point where there is no sharpness at all. Some may find it too bright/harsh, but i find it very airy and detail compared to my andromeda where too smooth can be a bad thing.

I thinking this will be a good competitor to the focal elear, maybe even better. Right now, i can say the difference between this and my andromeda is considerable,i might even say huge.
Cool! Sounds like they haven't strayed too far from the classic Fostex TH-series sound signature, with which they share similar drivers, which IMHO is a very good thing (unlike the schiit-tacular AQ NightHawk).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #771 of 1,468
Coming from speakers, I am a big believer that bass (all bass, not just sub bass) should be felt, like it is during a live performance. That's something I feel is lost on a lot higher end headphones. Non-bloated controlled impact/rumble matters to me. If the HP-3 is anything like some of the Klipsch speakers I've heard, I have high hopes. Let's see.

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #772 of 1,468
Okay, this headphone rocks. Too much bass 80-130 hz. EQ that down about -2.5 to 3db if you're tasteful basshead like me. Sub bass is fantastic and sticks out once you do that. Mids are a smidge thin, but not anemic and have good texture. Highs are crisp and non fatiguing (to me). I'm a "neutral with a harman bass" kind of guy. Maybe even a mid-head. But these headphones, after that small EQ, are unbelievably fun and musical. I like the wider soundstage. Not as wide as X2, but deeper. Still wide. They're so powerful and crisp with a mimby/magni 3. If you use the Klipsch amp instead, you get a more cohesive sound that is kind of gooey and warm with a less black background, which is not my cup of tea. My friend with an HD800 loved the Kilpsch amp pairing, so YMMV.

Die hard neutral heads should stay away. If you like the THX00 or Fidelio X2 and want a way more awesome version with better mids and have money to burn, check out this headphone. Also actually has some isolation and less leakage compared to most opens. IMO, EQ'ing down 80-120 hz a few db is a must.

Maybe people with the softer woods (walnut, oak) don't have to do that..

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #773 of 1,468
gq1LuW8.jpg

Feb 25, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #775 of 1,468
has anyone else had problem with the sound cutting out?
None at all, are you sure it's not your source? If you are sure it is headphones I'd first try the cable since Klipsch provides 2 cables this will be easy. If the problem is not the cable I'd suspect maybe an internal connection, if that's the case contact Klipsch about a repair or replacement.

Still very much love my HP-3 headphones

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #776 of 1,468
The headphones are cutting out. I know they are broken. Just trying to see if I am the only one before I update the review on earphiles. I find it bullcrap that they have no way to fix them. Pretty pissed now because both drivers cut off because the connectors are poorly designed. I have to wiggle them to get sound.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #777 of 1,468
Klipsch warranty service is a bit slow, but they always get back to me. These things have like a 2 year warranty, I believe? Also, I found that after about 4 hours of wearing them the lack of headband padding hurts my head, so I bought a ZMF Pilot Pad. I thought I would hate these headphones, but I fell in love with them! Lowering 80-120hz by about 2.5 db made them still bassy , but without overpowering everything else.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #780 of 1,468
Klipsch told me they can at a minimum send you the parts you need if you're out of warranty. They might also be able to fix it for you. They weren't much more clear, but it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back