Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Oct 27, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #571 of 1,468
I was with this thread until the beginning. I prefer floor systems & have only been recently interested in headphones after admitting I can't hear as well as I used to. I like Klipsch vintage speakers & subs. I like quality stuff. I am not a fan of Chinese products and have stated that in a previous post. The Klipsch headphones appear to be well designed. The bigger question is how good will the quality control be? My knowledge has been limited regarding headphones. What I think is interesting is that ZMF has been mentioned several times. I never heard of ZMF. However, because of this thread, I am now very interested in his product! Thank you Klipsch!

ZMF is great :)

Also this Klipsch is around the price to compete with ZMF flagships, that's why they're brought up from time to time

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #574 of 1,468
I have these. They are the real deal

Especially bass impressions! I've decided to opt out from ZMF headphones, so it's narrowed my choices down.

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #575 of 1,468
Pics please :)

Can you draw any comparisons to other cans you've tried
I can do this this evening. I will say I've heard the Eikon & I perferred the hp-3. I felt it was more resolving. Soundstage on these can is very impressive for a semi-open. They sound like an open can. Bass it tight, accurate & textured. This is a very accurate headphone. Rig was Gumby>ZDS

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #577 of 1,468
I can do this this evening. I will say I've heard the Eikon & I perferred the hp-3. I felt it was more resolving. Soundstage on these can is very impressive for a semi-open. They sound like an open can. Bass it tight, accurate & textured. This is a very accurate headphone. Rig was Gumby>ZDS

That is a big statement as the Eikons are widely received for its performance. I actually enjoy the soundstage on the Eikon. It's pretty wide for closed, and has a very cool feeling of being surrounded by the music.

Are they dynamic or have a more laid back sound sig? The Eikon has some serious character that I wouldn't want to miss out on if I switched to HP-3

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #578 of 1,468
I had an Eikon loaner for a week. I wasn't impressed at all. Haven't heard the Atticus. My personal opinion is the hp-3 did everything better than the Eikon. I'll upload pics when I get in from work.

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #579 of 1,468
IMG_7799.JPG
IMG_7800.JPG
IMG_7801.JPG
IMG_7802.JPG
Earpads are attached by 3 tiny magnets, no silly clips. Headphone stand in bottom picture

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #580 of 1,468
Was there a third snap/strap connecting the cups in the center, where the cable connects? Just curious, when did you get them?

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #581 of 1,468
Was there a third snap/strap connecting the cups in the center, where the cable connects? Just curious, when did you get them?
Yes there's a third strap. Bought these tuesday from hideflifestyle at the original price. I checked today and now the price has been increased

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #582 of 1,468
I returned my pair last week and left the middle snap off when I repackaged them, just seemed weird to me that the strap was off on your pair! I had to pay full price though, nice grab! I did get the full refund, didn't think they were worth the extra $ from the original price, I didn't need the fancy box, stand or extra cable. 16 pounds shipping weight makes for expensive shipping both ways!

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #583 of 1,468
Sharing quote from another thread.

They sound decent, but the detail level isn't where it should be for $1,199. They are definitely super fun. If you've heard any of the Denon D2K-D7K or Fostex TH600-900 variants, they basically sound like that with a little extra midrange.. but (thankfully) no irritating treble spike.

(Side note: If you also listen to EDM, they are great for that because they have a ton of subbass.)

I will say though that I met the team behind the headphones and they are super cool guys who really get the hobby. I get the feeling these guys are going to be big players going forward. I just think the H-3 is slightly overpriced relative to performance.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #584 of 1,468
I just got mine today. I'm very much impressed with the sound quality. It's a bold statement, but its performance is close to Utopia. Utopia has a bit more resolution and better separation with faster and tighter bass. HP-3 is somehow a little more energetic and dynamic but not tiring. Considering the price difference (~1/3 of Utopia price), this is a great buy. I love them!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back