Klipsch heritage amplifier
Apr 28, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #31 of 52
Thanks! Good to know that it doesn't get hot. One of the reason I could not make up my mind to get a Schiit JOTUNHEIM was because I heard that it was hot.
For latency issue I only asked because it happened when I tried to use my ZX300 as dac/amp, I have not heard of this problem for most dac/amp so it should be OK.

I use mine for gaming and have not noticed any latency issues. It also does not get hot, barely warm. It also outputs a ton of power, atleast out of the balanced, have never used the 1/4".

Its great that you can flip a switch on the front to switch between headphones and rear outputs without unplugging your headphones.

Definitely noticed a difference in sq from my old origin micca+. Everything felt much clearer.

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #32 of 52
Its great that you can flip a switch on the front to switch between headphones and rear outputs without unplugging your headphones.

Definitely noticed a difference in sq from my old origin micca+. Everything felt much clearer.

The ability to switch between outputs is a huge plus for me, not to mention being able to switch between fixed and variable output. Why don’t more headphone amps do this!? I assume it’s expense related.

May I ask what headphones you have paired woth this amp?

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #33 of 52
The ability to switch between outputs is a huge plus for me, not to mention being able to switch between fixed and variable output. Why don’t more headphone amps do this!? I assume it’s expense related.

May I ask what headphones you have paired woth this amp?

Lcdx on the balanced output and some powered speakers on the rear output.

May 6, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #35 of 52
Greetings,

For the people that own this amp, are you having success with DSD playback?
No problem playing DSD 64 & 128.

May 6, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #36 of 52
No problem playing DSD 64 & 128.
Hi Giraku,
Thanks for confirming--do you mind if I ask what software you're running to play DSD? I'm not having success using either Audirvana+ or Amarra ... the lights that indicate rates on the front panel go out and there's no sound. I've not yet seen the "blue lights" that indicate DSD playback ...

Thanks,

May 6, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #37 of 52
Hi Giraku,
Thanks for confirming--do you mind if I ask what software you're running to play DSD? I'm not having success using either Audirvana+ or Amarra ... the lights that indicate rates on the front panel go out and there's no sound. I've not yet seen the "blue lights" that indicate DSD playback ...

Thanks,
I use both Audirvana+ and Roon on my MacBook Pro. You may want to check the audio settings for the Heritage amp on your software. The DSD output should be set to DoP.

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #41 of 52
I misplaced the power brick for the heritage dacamp in the process of packing up everything to move residences.

Can someone please post or send me a private message with an Amazon URL for a suitable power supply brick for this device?

I live in the United States.

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #42 of 52
Hey all, recently bought one of these open box from crutchfield and it looks fantastic and sounds great. Im a sucked for thunky knobs and vintage looks.

Anyways, is it normal for this to have quite a bit of a channel imbalance until the volume is louder? I only have low impedance headphones (80 ohm or less) to test this with. It has the imbalance on both unbalanced and balanced, with balanced evening out a bit earlier in knob movement, but probably at the same volume. I am just not sure if i have just gotten used to more even (digital?) attenuation from brands like Chord.

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #43 of 52
I have a Heritage amp (mistakenly called it Legacy elsewhere. ... same nuance to the word). I quite like the feel of it (nice solid build and good looks) and it sounds great with my Klipsch powered monitors.It’s overall ... not bad, but not incredible. I had McIntosh’s portable DAC before that and much preferred it, but I had enough technical issues that I returned the McIntosh and got this. Frankly, I miss the McIntosh’s sound, especially since the Klipsch I think doesn’t do justice to my LCD-2s.

@jooonnn I haven’t noticed any imbalance on my amp. Crutchfield is pretty good about customer service—you might want to talk to them.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #44 of 52
I have a Heritage amp (mistakenly called it Legacy elsewhere. ... same nuance to the word). I quite like the feel of it (nice solid build and good looks) and it sounds great with my Klipsch powered monitors.It’s overall ... not bad, but not incredible. I had McIntosh’s portable DAC before that and much preferred it, but I had enough technical issues that I returned the McIntosh and got this. Frankly, I miss the McIntosh’s sound, especially since the Klipsch I think doesn’t do justice to my LCD-2s.

@jooonnn I haven’t noticed any imbalance on my amp. Crutchfield is pretty good about customer service—you might want to talk to them.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah i reached out to crutchfield, and the advisor personally tested some of them with a bunch of headphones and told me i had a bad one. Seriously love their service, but i am on the fence on exchanging it out at this point just because i bought it for a specific timing of use(and i havent used it anymore since it sort of mentally messes with my sound imaging), but im shopping around their site for something else i might want instead :)

As for amp/dac i plan to use instead, ill probably just pick up a rme adi-2 (more $$$) instead since i was debating between these two anyways, but the klipsch aesthetics (still) swooned me. The thunky knobs and switches are awesome, and my bar is super high as a leica mechanical camera user. The amp is super powerful and still love the look and build quality and am not too upset i got a dud, i know it could happen to anyone.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #45 of 52
I got one for $350 and rather like it. For the $500 msrp its a fair price but if you already had an individual amp or dac to pair it’s likely losing some value.
Where it shined for me is as a combo unit as i didn’t have a high quality dac or amp and particularly for the price this has been a great all in one solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back