Klipsch heritage amplifier
Dec 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 52
I've tried this amp at canjam and it sounds pretty good with HP3 as if they were meant to be paired together. It sounds better than hp3 pair with wa8 IMO.

Thanks! I just picked up the Hp-3, and this amp is gorgeous! Would you say it leans towards a warmer or brighter sound sig?

I wanted a new amp and was thinking this one ofc, woo wa7, or a lyr2 (never played around with tubes)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 52
Thanks! I just picked up the Hp-3, and this amp is gorgeous! Would you say it leans towards a warmer or brighter sound sig?

I wanted a new amp and was thinking this one ofc, woo wa7, or a lyr2 (never played around with tubes)

It is definitely on the warmer signature and it does have a tube sound to it; not really tubey as you could expect from an SS amp. The dac section what makes this amp more versatile at its price.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 52
Looks interesting, but I haven't heard of the ESS ES90128K2M before, I've heard of the ES9012 and the ES9018, but not a ES90128...is that a typo? Google search on the chip only comes up with this amplifier. So it's either a typo or a new chip that is only being used by this unit right now.

EDIT: It does seem to be a typo that is now all over the internet, because the PDF spec sheet for this amp lists it as the ESS Sabre32 ES9018K2M, which is an older but popular chip.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #7 of 52
Stunning look, I was about to go for it and write a short review, until I saw how Klipsch likes to ripp people off.

Old low consumption chip initially designed for portable equipment, and above all, geographically-based thievery.
While this thing is sold 499$ in the US, it was just launched for 699€ in EU (yes, that is about 50% more), which made me lose any interest I could initially have had.

Same for their new TOTL headphones, 1499€ and you don't even get a balanced cable to go with their amp ? Complete marketing nonsense...

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 52
I had it for a week, but ended up returning it. It was fine, but nothing really stood out. I thought the ifi micro dsd black label sounded better with my HE1000s than this Klipsch in balanced. It looks cool and the big knobs and switches were neat. If it sounded noticeably better than my ifi, I would have kept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back