Klipch x10's or Klisch x7?
Jun 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jazzper

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently own some Klipsch S4i's but unfortunately the right earbud has become a lot quieter and the bass seems to have gone, so I'm looking to buy a new pair of earphones and upgrade them :)

I have an offer on some brand new Klipsch x7's for £75 or some used Klipsch x10's for £55, I'm stuck on which to get. Obviously if the x10's were brand new I'd buy them but since there not I'm a little lost. Is it ever a good idea to buy something used?

I'd love some opinions and if you have any other recommendations for headphones between those prices I'd love to hear them. Oh, and I hate the ones that you have to wrap around your ear. 

Many thanks! :) 

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 11
the klipsch x7 and x10 are not good for bass but they do have good noise isolation and clarity but the S4i is for a bass type. hv u tried their on ear image one klipsch headphones for nice bass. there is also sony XB 3 for your bass.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3 of 11
Interesting, I am quite keen on some bass so maybe those earphones aren't right for me.

I was really looking for some in-ear earphones rather than headphones so the Klipsch Image One don't suit me, thanks anyway.

Any other suggestions? :) 

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 11
Okay, after doing some research I'm pretty adamant on either the X7's or x10's

I can buy some used x10's for £55 (including postage) or brand new x7's for £75. 

Reason for the cheap x7's are that they are open box - e.g from a retailer. I know that both are genuine. 

Now the x10's have a glued jack port and the flaps are slightly ripped but I'm not really bothered by this, what's your opinion? Which is a better bet? Many thanks! 

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Respectfully I will have to disagree with the claims of low amounts of bass. The x10 has a huge amount of base if you have the right earpieces.  I've had these things for over a year and just found that out a few weeks ago.  I started using the monster Gel tips and the bass awesome.  Honestly its going to depend on the fit you get with them.  If you are really looking for bass though the atomic floyd superdarts are supposed to be very base heavy and durable.  The klipsch headphones that I have owned all have shamefully terrible cables.  Still after 4 years they haven't fixed the x10 and I also went through several pairs of s4.  For comfort they are fantastic but klipsch IEMs should be avoided if you want something to last more than a few months.   

Sep 13, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 11
Just got these for 1/3rd the retail price and for a single BA they are amazing however and its a big one I have never heard so much cable noise from an IEM before. These will not be for moving around but for long car/bus rides. The detail is very good. Of course they are not bass heavy but when I played some MJ they hit on all the beats. Nice change to Senn ie80's. Its amazing how so many IEMS can do some great things but always seem to produce a major pitfall and with these its cable noise. Brush any part of it and you feel it.

Sep 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 11
Just got these for 1/3rd the retail price and for a single BA they are amazing however and its a big one I have never heard so much cable noise from an IEM before. These will not be for moving around but for long car/bus rides. The detail is very good. Of course they are not bass heavy but when I played some MJ they hit on all the beats. Nice change to Senn ie80's. Its amazing how so many IEMS can do some great things but always seem to produce a major pitfall and with these its cable noise. Brush any part of it and you feel it.

Klipsch IEMs do really require that you use a shirt clip, otherwise the microphonics (cable noise) is unbearable. With a shirt clip, there's practically none. :)

As far as bass goes, I own the X7, and it is sort of bass-light. Or more accurate, utterly neutral. The X10 is said to have GREAT bass. This is the first time I've hard anyone say it's light on bass.

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #10 of 11

​Thanks for the reply. I didn't say they were bass light but just right. If you are into bass you will find these are under the oomph level as opposed to the Senn ie80's which to me have just too much of it. Clip thanks. I have never used one.I am very happy with the sound of the x7's.

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 11
The bass comment wasn't about your post. It was the other guy who said the X10 had very little low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back