King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones!
Aug 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #362 of 666
Aug 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #363 of 666
How they behave at Stax Pro bias will be verified when I get my set and rip it apart. 

The biggest question is whether this will void the warranty though.  If you use any Stax headphone with a non Stax amp the warranty is void though I've never heard of them actually enforcing it. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #366 of 666
Quote:
One guy at russian forum have KS-H1 + KS-M10, he wrote a short review of them, you might try google translate it from russian if you interested: http://www.forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?app=tutorials&article=52
If I try to sum up this review... he have LCD-2 and Stax SR-34 and he had WOW-effect when he got KingSound, summary (if I understand his review right) he like them much better than LCD-2, he think that KingSound is much more neutral than LCD-2... he wrote that KingSound quite demanding on quality of record... also he wrote that he thinks that KingSound is close to HD600 by sound signature, but of course KingSound is on much higher sound quality level.

Thank you! The Russian review is rather promising for several reasons IMO.  One thing that he comes from the LCD2 and does not find the KS too weak or thin sounding,say. (If  they were thin-sounding, they would seem to him VERY thin sounding!  OTOH he does not tell if he is using the bass-boost option on the amp).
2.He is using the rather inexpensive M-10 SS amp and does not complain about harsh treble (again: coming from the LCD!).
The amp gets hot, he says. (a sign of class A or a fault, so let us assume the first).

I was at first confused when he compared with “the Odysseys”, only after a while the  enlightenment hit me and I saw the Obvious ..

Cheers Olaf

P.S.

The "Odyssey" section of the review (trying to improve  a little on the Google translation):

I am not a master at describing sound in terms of technicalities, but I am now convinced that the “Odyssey” ( his phonetic transcription of “Audeze” ).  is considerably embellishing the sonic palette. They underline the bass, making it deliberately stand out.. I (now) understand why there is fatigue after listening to the Odyssey for 2-3 hours straight, and I mean not only physical fatigue caused by the weight ( but that is for me also an important factor)..
So, the KS sounds more detailed, with no particular frequency strech dominating over others. In rock music, the bass is not too strong, rather there is just enough of it…….. They are more universal suited to most genres of music  … etc etc.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #367 of 666
Quote:
Spritzer did you preorder just the earspeakers or the whole amp lot combo as well?

I didn't preorder, I'm just getting a set to take apart and see how they are.  I'lI probably purchase the set before though as it doesn't feel right to do something this invasive on a set I don't own.  I should get the M10 SS amp as the tube one holds zero interest for me. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #369 of 666
Doubt it, as KS has been making similar products for years.
I would be concerned regarding the cheap plastic bits that n3rdling had mentioned.

Jades were sloppy handmade garbage IMO. Built using popsicle sticks, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back