King of the IEM world (universal fit); W3 vs TF10 vs IE8
Jan 4, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #61 of 71
jinx, dont get to work up. there are just too many fanboy in here. Trust your ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #62 of 71
hey...im not one to talk my friend im the biggest shure fanboy there is, but i guess its alright to be a fan of what you love, and i dont blame feather for this, however you have to admit to yourself that there might be something better out there, but thats hard to do when you just brought a set believing them to be the best.

i have tried the triple fi 10, se530, super fi 5 pro, ety er4p and b (no S unfortunately for me) and er6i, among other cheaper choices, and i can honestly say the se530 were for me and the ue10 were a good spell aswell however these were lost in transit and i got money back, may order more but i dont know if its worth the effort if im happy.

this is the reason i have not traded in my se530 for the 3's or IE8's, i have no doubt they are superb but if im already happy with what i consider something special then surely its not worth upgrading for that tiny bit extra when theres a chance i may not like them.

all i can say people is enjoy what you have but dont doubt for one second there may be something better out there because im telling you there is.

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #63 of 71
Are the IE8 tips the same as the senn CX95s?

I have the TF10, but the large silicons keep falling out. However, the large CX95 tips fit the TF10 and my ears perfectly...so if I get the IE8, I'd like the same tips as the CX95...

The reason I am thinking of moving from TF10s to IE8s is because the TF10 don't seem to have the bass to cut it...

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #64 of 71
CX95, IE8, TF10P all use the same size bore, so the tips interchangeable.

TF10P lack bass? Try jamming into your ear. It work for me but then i feel it a bit overpowering. Causing high blood flow....

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #65 of 71
TF10 doesn't lack bass at all if you get a good seal!

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #66 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CX95, IE8, TF10P all use the same size bore, so the tips interchangeable.

TF10P lack bass? Try jamming into your ear. It work for me but then i feel it a bit overpowering. Causing high blood flow....

Ok - the TF10 don't lack bass, what I mean is that I want more bass...and it seems that the Senns are just the order...

When listening to my PX100's or M50s, the bass they deliver just makes me smile...the TF10s give decent levels, but not that smile-inducing amount...I may be comparing apples and pears as the other two are full size HPs, but from what I have read the IE8's have bass to die for...esp with that tunable bass port...

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #67 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by encrypted_trance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok - the TF10 don't lack bass, what I mean is that I want more bass...and it seems that the Senns are just the order...

When listening to my PX100's or M50s, the bass they deliver just makes me smile...the TF10s give decent levels, but not that smile-inducing amount...I may be comparing apples and pears as the other two are full size HPs, but from what I have read the IE8's have bass to die for...esp with that tunable bass port...

sounds like you prefer the sound only dynamic drivers can give... just missing that bit of oomph.

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #69 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not heard IE8 but I think W3 beats TFPro like a drum. Everything that bothered me about TFPro (dry, airy, somewhat veiled presentation, fit) was fixed by W3.

i cannot believe im rreading this, if it felt veiled veiled your either drunk or have the vol turned down,, i defintitley can see how u might prefer the w3 highs which provide more clartiy, but to me,the w3 highs were painful and the worst part is that they would distort at higher volumes, the triplefi 10 on the other han along with having a full bodied mid section high and upper mids did not distort like the w3,, plus they isolated alot better, and moreover i reall y like how the 10's highs did not hurt my ears, while still providing escellent clarity,,

i find that many iem with overpowering highs, not only hurt, but also camoflauge over the mid section and even lower mids

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol

resurrection.jpg

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #71 of 71
I can't vote for just one.

Frankly, there are a lot of very good earphones out there, and the best one will come down to personal preference. Certain people will prefer certain sound characteristics. I can take each of the IEMs in the poll and call each one best for a given set of characteristics. By the time we get to really good earphones, they simply don't have any major faults. They all sound really good but each just gives us a little bit different sound experience. The best one then becomes the one that gives the most preferentially ideal sound per given user.

Now along with the discussion of the TF10 and bass, it does have an appropriate amount of bass. The only thing it lacks is just a little bit of the bottom end information. Unfortunately, this region is also the region that creates the visceral, felt bass. Comparatively, the IE8 and UM3X both offer a more extended bass response that does not really roll off on the bottom end. Very low frequency information is more prominent, and there is significantly more visceral sense in the presentation.

It's not a matter of dynamic versus BA. It's simply a matter of correct driver choice and implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back