Kinera Nanna
Jan 6, 2020 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

teesui

Head-Fier
Had taken a break from IEMs, but was thinking of getting something new cuz I am getting a bit bored with what I have (LOL!). Kinera was a brand I was following for a bit, having managed to purchase both of the wood versions of Idun. Saw that they've recently come out with something new, the Nanna. Seems interesting with the combination of electrostat, dynamic and BA drivers. What are these impressions/reviews on these?

Seems like there's also not much discussion on this earphone too.

kinera_nanna_1-696x342.jpg

Feb 1, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 68
Mar 22, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 68
Mar 23, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 68
Crinacle certainly did not have a lot of time for it!

Mar 24, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 68
I don't always agree with Crinacle. We all have different tastes and ways of listening to music, and many of us don't care for graphs.
I prefer reviews where one earphone is compared to another, that gives me a better since of what it would be like.
Glad Marcus posted his review above.

Nov 2, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 68
Kinera has been posting about the new color option for Nanna on facebook for some time now.
mmexport1604313453665.jpg
. They mentioned it somewhere that the change is only in aesthetics. That's fine with me considering the fact that Nanna already has excellent sound quality. They always have a giveaway when they are introducing something new, I hope it will be same this time. These looks really nice.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 68
Wondering if given the Nanna's (high for IEM's) impedance of 60 ohms, it would be suitable for use with my Feliks-Audio Elise OTL amp. Usually OTL with IEM is a no go because of the high output impedance of the amp, but if anyone has tried Nanna with this or another tube amp I'd appreciate hearing how that sounded and worked out for you!

Thanks!

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #13 of 68
Received my Kinera Nanna several days ago, enjoying getting to know its signature. Mostly running FiiO BTR5 --> Balanced out to FiiO RE-LC cable with Azla Sedna EarFit Light tips. The included Final E's turned the Nanna into a bit of a bass cannon, although the absence of bleed into the lower mids was impressive. Speaking of lower mids, they are a bit recessed but once the ears adjust it is a resolving, pleasing signature.

Also reasonably well-matched with my high output impedance OTL per above post, but probably not optimal. Even so, it's nice th have the versatility, and overall I am very happy with the purchase!

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #14 of 68
Received my Kinera Nanna several days ago, enjoying getting to know its signature. Mostly running FiiO BTR5 --> Balanced out to FiiO RE-LC cable with Azla Sedna EarFit Light tips. The included Final E's turned the Nanna into a bit of a bass cannon, although the absence of bleed into the lower mids was impressive. Speaking of lower mids, they are a bit recessed but once the ears adjust it is a resolving, pleasing signature.

Also reasonably well-matched with my high output impedance OTL per above post, but probably not optimal. Even so, it's nice th have the versatility, and overall I am very happy with the purchase!

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the Nanna. I'm really enjoying my new ones both with the DX220/9, and DX160.

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #15 of 68
Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the Nanna. I'm really enjoying my new ones both with the DX220/9, and DX160.
Hey @Wildcatsare1 good to see you here! You've been scarce on your other usual forums (ZMF etc....) and hope you are well! Happy Holidays.

More to follow on Nanna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back