Kinera Nanna
Dec 26, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 68
Hey @Wildcatsare1 good to see you here! You've been scarce on your other usual forums (ZMF etc....) and hope you are well! Happy Holidays.

More to follow on Nanna.

I've been going through some health issues, hopefully, I'll be back to full speed.

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #17 of 68
Jan 5, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #18 of 68
We'll send some good thoughts your way...

Good thoughts received, and I'm loving my Nanna’s, added some JVC Spiral Tip, Wide Bore. The slight sibilance I was hearing is gone, and the bass slams appreciably more!

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 68
Good thoughts received, and I'm loving my Nanna’s, added some JVC Spiral Tip, Wide Bore. The slight sibilance I was hearing is gone, and the bass slams appreciably more!
Nice, JVC SD's are high quality tips but I found them a bit "boomy" on the low end with Nanna. Using Azla Sedna Earfit Lights --> excellent balance and clarity all around. The EarFit lights are quite comfy as well. :smile_phones:

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 68
Nice, JVC SD's are high quality tips but I found them a bit "boomy" on the low end with Nanna. Using Azla Sedna Earfit Lights --> excellent balance and clarity all around. The EarFit lights are quite comfy as well. :smile_phones:

Thanks, I'll give them a shot!

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #21 of 68
Jan 22, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 68
I am listening to my OG Kinera Nanna 1.0 right now and loving them. Besides the shell appearance, it appears the driver configuration is the same but tuning is quite different. Crinacle expresses a preference for the original in his unboxing comments here. It'd be great to hear comparative impressions from others who have heard both V.1 and V.2 Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #24 of 68
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #25 of 68
The 2.0 my impression and review- I love em- the hype is warranted IMHO - I HAVE TO BUY THE SAMPLE AUDIO46 sent for unbiased review now.... ah this hobby breaks my pocketbook but makes me love life and music more- https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ki...ectrostatic-iem-updated-1-27-21.24919/reviews
Really great review, @John Massaria, thank you. Your enthusiasm and joy is palpable, and isn't that what we all seek from our music? As a happy Kinera Nanna 1.0 owner, I am curious if you have any info.,. as to what's changedin tuning etc... between the 2 versions to help me better evaluate a potential update to the newer version.
Thanks again and happy listening!

Jan 28, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 68
I can not comment since I never tried the 1- but if the 2 is on your radar and u can pull the trigger u will thank me
Plus audio46 among others have a sweet 30 day return policy- I will not deal with dealers that don't allow me to try be fore I buy- not in today's world-

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #27 of 68
I am listening to my OG Kinera Nanna 1.0 right now and loving them. Besides the shell appearance, it appears the driver configuration is the same but tuning is quite different. Crinacle expresses a preference for the original in his unboxing comments here. It'd be great to hear comparative impressions from others who have heard both V.1 and V.2 Thanks!

Do you have version 2, or the original?

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #28 of 68
Hi @Wildcatsare1. I have the OG version 1.0 and was wondering how different V. 2.0 that @John Massaria raved about sounds. He indicated he hasn't hear dthe original to compare, i'd be interested if others have and can comment on tuning or other differences between versions.

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #29 of 68
Absolutely, hopefully there is a tour!

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #30 of 68
Yes but Crinkle didn’t mention the amp set up or dac and I can say these iem’s do require the finest of power and source- plugged into my phone these IEMs do not really impress as much as when hooked up to to better sources/amp- they really are good enough to show u everything and then some if fed with quality

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back