Kindle Fire Sound quality?
Mar 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

camoton

New Head-Fier
Is the sound bad cause i plan on getting one and rooting it to get google music.

Im concerned bout the sound quality, if the sound is bad is there a way to better the sound
?
Whats needed a DAC OR AMP?

But first how is sound quality?

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 4
http://www.ti.com/product/tlv320aic3110

Here's its sound chip.  Looks respectable.

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Is the sound bad cause i plan on getting one and rooting it to get google music.
Im concerned bout the sound quality, if the sound is bad is there a way to better the sound
?
Whats needed a DAC OR AMP?
But first how is sound quality?

I own a Fire. Sound is good, however there is no USB, Optical, Coax or Line output for use with a DAC. The only output is a standard mini-headphone jack. All of your music would need to be stored on the Amazon Cloud, as there is no slot for external storage media.

IMO, there are better choices to use for dedicated music storage. I have not rooted mine, so I can't speculate on how well it would work with Google music. I do have Pandora installed and it works very well.

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I have android jellybean with google music on mine and it sounds just as good as in amazons player, if not better. I would definitely suggest getting jellybean.
If you want to know how to get Jellybean, I can help you. There are still some issues that I found fixes for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back