Kind of SMARTWRAP for Grado's headphone
Mar 25, 2007 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i wonder if there is kind of SMARTWRAP for a RS-1 ?

I understand this system is not possible with larger cable as RS-1 have, so another system who help managing cable for portable use ?

Thank's
rs1smile.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 20
Nobody ?
rolleyes.gif

While keep searching i wonder if this fish accessories can do the job, with a elastic to fix the cable... No, my RS-1 deserve better
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 20
I'd like to find something better too. I haven't got a problem with my Alessandros at the moment for stationary listening cause my headphone jack is a ways above my head and the cable won't reach the floor when I'm sitting down. But my HD600 cable is a full four feet LONGER(!) than the MS-1 and MS2i and it did manage to fall to the floor un-noticed the other day and I happened to step on it as I was in the process of standing up to talk to one of the kids.

...they learned some new words that day.

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 20
mebby a cable turtle?
tongue.gif

CAB-CTG42205_4.JPG

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 20
cable turtle can be a good idea but i always wonder with the kind of cable used on RS-1 have a minimal angle bending for not damage it ?

I mean put the cable like in the pics in a small tube maybe can damage the cable ?

Mar 25, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 20
Yeah... Grado cable seems a little too thick for a cable turtle. I used to have one, you have to wrap the cable in a pretty tight circle to make it fit.

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah... Grado cable seems a little too thick for a cable turtle. I used to have one, you have to wrap the cable in a pretty tight circle to make it fit.

You confirm my thought so
rolleyes.gif

I guess that mean they can't have a solution other then keep cable in a large pocket
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 20
i suggest keeping the Grado cable coiled with a donut hole of no less than 3". iirc Larry from Headphile suggests the same... it's just too thick for anything less.

an interesting alternative to cable turtle would be to coil it up with a 3" donut hole, and then put it on your side like a lasso! that would look although you'd look kinda ridiculous.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawalsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks awesome

x2

There's a bunch of them lying around the house but none look as funky. Links to places to buy?
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

There's a bunch of them lying around the house but none look as funky. Links to places to buy?
wink.gif

Here http://cableorganizer.com/cable-turtle/

But i'am afraid they don't match criteria mentioned above by Thelonious Monk
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #15 of 20
Err..wouldn't that kill the whole idea of FLEXIBILITY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back