Kind of SMARTWRAP for Grado's headphone
Mar 25, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Err..wouldn't that kill the whole idea of FLEXIBILITY?

Well; perhaps....no.

My kids tried to shred my MS-1s by tangling them up in the computer chair and giving it a spin. The flexibility WAS enhanced by the mishap. It tore lots of chunks out of the insulation.

...of course when I added electrical tape later.....
blink.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

i suggest keeping the Grado cable coiled with a donut hole of no less than 3". iirc Larry from Headphile suggests the same... it's just too thick for anything less.

This is actually not the reason why Larry suggests this. Larry uses solid core wire for his cables, not stranded wire, so if the wire is coiled too closely or is bent too much, it'll put too much stress on the wire and will eventually cause a break. Too much bending or coiling a wire too tightly is also said to effect the crystalline structure of the cable but it's not because the RS-1 wire is too thick to be coiled like any tighter. My ex's father used to have a pair of RS-1s and what he did was just coil it then tie it together in the center, it seemed to work for him and I didn't notice any degradation in sound quality. For my HF-1s, I just use some black ties to keep them in a neat coil. It stays flat against my shirt so it doesn't bother me in the few instances when I take them out of the house.

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well; perhaps....no.

My kids tried to shred my MS-1s by tangling them up in the computer chair and giving it a spin. The flexibility WAS enhanced by the mishap. It tore lots of chunks out of the insulation.

...of course when I added electrical tape later.....
blink.gif

Well...by killing flexibility I meant tying them up with twist ties...you wouldn't be able to shorten/lengthen the cable as needed as you can with other solutions...

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #19 of 20
mebby the large turtle?

trio_tower-lg.jpg

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mebby the large turtle?

trio_tower-lg.jpg

Yea i first thought that too, but reading all the comments above about how thick Grado cable may don't like that i think a small velcro double sided for fix the roll up cable is the more safe solution (even if not very portable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back