Kimber Kable help
Mar 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

berzzzz

Head-Fier
just bought a set of timbre kimberkables. Are they directional? One end hasthe name of the cables on them but I see no arrows indicating flow of music for installation.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 10
The convention is that you follow the name, i.e. CDP -> "Kimber Kables"-> Amp

Once you play one direct, stick with it and don't change again.

Let me know if this isn't clear

Mar 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by berzzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just bought a set of timbre kimberkables. Are they directional?

No

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

just bought a set of timbre kimberkables. Are they directional? One end hasthe name of the cables on them but I see no arrows indicating flow of music for installation.

Yes, if you connect them the wrong way your HIFI WILL BURST INTO FLAMES!

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 10
Kimber Kables are not directional, but as said above, it is recommended that the name badge end is connected to the output component. I have tried both ways and really wasn't able to notice any difference in sound quality. I just make sure all my interconnects are connected in the same fashion just because.

Mar 19, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Yes they are. The side with the rubber is for the source end. I have many Kimber Kables.

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason any cable will be directional is if the shield is connected on one side (as it should be if there is another ground wire inside), that side should be connected to the source.

I had some "directional" Audioquests - there was a measurable difference in attenuation with different alignments, it was significant at the p < 0.05 level, It was on average 0.002db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back