Kill Bill Volume 1
Oct 12, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #16 of 87
I just saw Kill Bill... holy flying oh-wait-we-can't-say-that-anymore, I've never seen that much gore in my life. Sheeeit.
eek.gif

Other than that, amazing photography, amazing fight scenes, fantastic acting. But not a movie you want your mom to see.

Oct 12, 2003 at 10:37 AM Post #17 of 87
One of the best action films I've seen. And with Uma, Lucy, and a couple of hot Japanese chicks you can't go wrong IMO. I guess Vol. II comes out in February next year? If it took Vol. I to take care of 1 and 2, I wonder if II can fit in 3, 4, and 5 in the list?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 87
I imagine they'll be able to fit 3, 4, and 5 in for one reason. In Kill Bill: Volume One, they spent a fair amount of time introducing Black Mamba, her story, and how she escaped from the hospital. They can probably use the time gained from this and other introductory scenes to fit in the other three.

Oct 13, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #22 of 87
alright time to rewatch that trailer of this thing and figure out WHAT went wrong here, how come I wasn't excited at all about seing it and so many people seem interested in that.

Could it be that it reminded me of that one game that so many people seem to worship but I can't stand (No One Lives Forever ... either part 1 or 2 doesn't really matter)?

But if there's so many positivie things about this movie it must be good, right? well I'll have to re-consider seeing it, I guess...

Nick

Oct 13, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #23 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose

and in closing, uma thurman looked good. really good.

anyways...

\

For Uma, yeah, she looked pretty good, but did you see those feet!!! ACK! I'm not a foot guy or anything but damn those were some nasty feet!!! She was a bad ass though... and yeah she had some "damn she looks good" scenes, and she's definately the hottest "covered in blood" girl I've seen
biggrin.gif

On the other hand, Lucy Liu was damn hot!!! and I don't normally go for asian women...

Great movie though... Great fight scenes... and the anime part was PHAT!

Oct 13, 2003 at 11:29 AM Post #24 of 87
Definitely a great movie. Not necessarily the best I've seen ever, but the way the scenes were presented and put together was definitely unique and new to me. A lot of the scenes were an absolute riot too, like the whole conversation over the bar between father/son/the Bride.
biggrin.gif
I really liked the sword presentation scene, and just the respect it gives to the katana sword as a weapon.

The major confrontational scenes struck me as a tad odd in that the kills were made so quickly. It left me with the whole "that's it???" feeling. But, it's also a little more realistic then movies where people can take a dozen slices and still keep moving.

I'd have to agree with Pappucho on the gore. The gore got to the point where I started rolling my eyes with every other sword cut. But, I've seen my share of violent anime before so presenting violence in that style isn't news to me.

If you're still hesitant about seeing the movie because you have no clue what it's about, it's basically about chicks killing each other with swords. They probably should've used a different name then "Kill Bill". The first time I heard that I thought the movie would be a comedy.

Oct 13, 2003 at 1:02 PM Post #25 of 87
Quote:

I'd have to agree with Pappucho on the gore. The gore got to the point where I started rolling my eyes with every other sword cut. But, I've seen my share of violent anime before so presenting violence in that style isn't news to me.

Well, that was the whole point, he was going for that live action Anime look.

Oct 13, 2003 at 1:13 PM Post #26 of 87
Did anyone notice the advertisement for "Red Apples" during a driving scene in Tokyo?

Remember what Butch ordered in the bar in Pulp Fiction? Something like "a pack of red apples".

Does anyone know what the significance of red apples is in QT's movies?

Anyway, I just saw Kill Bill yesterday and I really liked it. My favorite part of it was when Thurman closed her eyes when the film was black and white and the exact moment she opened her eyes, the film went back to color.

Oct 13, 2003 at 2:14 PM Post #27 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick3D
alright time to rewatch that trailer of this thing and figure out WHAT went wrong here, how come I wasn't excited at all about seing it and so many people seem interested in that.

Could it be that it reminded me of that one game that so many people seem to worship but I can't stand (No One Lives Forever ... either part 1 or 2 doesn't really matter)?

But if there's so many positivie things about this movie it must be good, right? well I'll have to re-consider seeing it, I guess...

Nick

This is one of those love it or hate it movies.
You might still not care for it after seeing it.

Quote:

Originally posted by brent_mr2
Remember what Butch ordered in the bar in Pulp Fiction? Something like "a pack of red apples".

That was the Red Apple brand of cigarettes.
They were a fake brand since QT wanted to get away from blatant advertising.

Oct 13, 2003 at 2:17 PM Post #28 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
... and the anime part was PHAT!

The use of anime was a very clever way of presenting the subject of pedophilia without getting a NC-17 rating.

Oct 13, 2003 at 3:08 PM Post #30 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
Did anyone catch the bride's name?
Anyone good at lip reading?

in my limited lip reading skills it looked like they were saying bitch but with 2 syllables (bee-itch). and according to www.imdb.com it's beatrix. so that makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back