Kickstarter for a High Quality Low Cost turntable
Dec 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MikeyG

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been following this kickstarter for a few months now and as of yesterday they are finally ready to kick off.

Its a $150 turntable that's supposed to sound decent and take much better care of your records than other tt's in its price class. It has an ortofon cartridge and a unipivot like tonearm.

If you pledge $150 +$25 shipping they will send you one if the kickstarter is successful, I figured this is a cool deal for people who want to get into vinyl but don't want to spend $399 on a new table.

Idk if these guys know what they are doing, but they sound passionate about it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uturnaudio/the-orbit-turntable-0?ref=email

Disclosure: I pledged and I want it to go well.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 5
bump for a worthy cause this looks really interesting thanks for the heads up. Loving that color and design

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Might make a good second table 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

It looks like a solid design. The cart looks to be an Ortofon Omega (~$30), the rest of the table looks pretty similar to the Pro-ject Essential (hopefully without the awful motor vibration). The choice of a unipivot tonearm might make setup tricky for beginners though.

At $150, it could be a real winner if it sounds good and doesn't destroy records. I hope they will be able to sustain production at this price.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #5 of 5
To me it sounds like a solid project, the guys behind it really know what they're doing by the video on the kickstarter page. Hope they can pull off the production and keep the quality of the prototype when they advance to mass production.

I would buy one if i lived in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back