Keyboard-Fi
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,172 of 2,079
Quote:
I would expect most people on here to have lightning fast speeds. 

Are you using QWERTY?

I don't even think I can do 40 with touch.

Yeah, I use QWERTY, I've never tried any other types. Touch typing just feels to wrong, especially when I have to move my right hand all the time to use the mouse.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #1,177 of 2,079
Wow, I can barely get to 50. And after two tries my RSI gets the best of me and my speed and accuracy drops like crazy.

What surprises me though is I just learned I can actually type without looking at the keyboard... lol. I never learned how to type properly, so always had the habit to look at the keyboard every other word. Turns out it's not necessary! woot XD

And I'm really starting to love my red switches. Once you get uses to them, rubber dome become torture devices.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,178 of 2,079
I'll just stick to my 120wpm with QWERTY.

It would kill me to switch over and be painfully slow, but I am curious if I could get even faster with colemak. I imagine it would take years to find out, I've got better things to do.

Anybody who types 100+ make the switch? I'm curious to hear about your experience with switching.

I switched when I was at about a 100 wpm (with Qwerty) because of RSI problems and right now ( about 1 / 1.5 years later) I'm pretty much back at that level with colemak. I can do 90 wpm most of the time that is. So my is experience when switching has to do with a lot of hatred and anger towards keyboards and keyboard related things. I didn't leave the house much during that time due to having to deal with agoraphobia. Either way, it gave me enough time to be able get good enough at it without being bothered by having to type on another keyboard layout. Since I do a lot of programming at home these days I don't have to type on anything but my own keyboard. I'm quite happy I made the switch right now. Your fingers are way more relaxed when typing colemak then they are when using Qwerty. You simply don't have to switch so much from the home row with Colemak. Changing the backspace key to where the Capslock is normally located helps a lot as well and I can recommend doing that with whatever layout you're using if you don't use the capslock key a lot. Do note that it took me at least a year to be somewhat happy with my typing skill again though. You can imagine that for someone who types a lot a year is a really long time to not be able to type quickly.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,179 of 2,079
I switched when I was at about a 100 wpm (with Qwerty) because of RSI problems and right now ( about 1 / 1.5 years later) I'm pretty much back at that level with colemak. I can do 90 wpm most of the time that is. So my is experience when switching has to do with a lot of hatred and anger towards keyboards and keyboard related things. I didn't leave the house much during that time due to having to deal with agoraphobia. Either way, it gave me enough time to be able get good enough at it without being bothered by having to type on another keyboard layout. Since I do a lot of programming at home these days I don't have to type on anything but my own keyboard. I'm quite happy I made the switch right now. Your fingers are way more relaxed when typing colemak then they are when using Qwerty. You simply don't have to switch so much from the home row with Colemak. Changing the backspace key to where the Capslock is normally located helps a lot as well and I can recommend doing that with whatever layout you're using if you don't use the capslock key a lot. Do note that it took me at least a year to be somewhat happy with my typing skill again though. You can imagine that for someone who types a lot a year is a really long time to not be able to type quickly.
Seems like I will never make the switch :/

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,181 of 2,079
I've been using a ttesport Meka G-unit since July and I love it.....
i love the mechanical keys!!!!!
and it looks sexy to me!!!!
although many don't like the keyboard......
check out my review here:
http://www.overclock.net/products/tt-esports-meka-g-unit-kb-mgu006us-black-wired-mechanical-keyboard
I'm Romeo21

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,184 of 2,079
yeah ttesport level 10m
and my casing is a thermaltake level 10 gt....
its a custom pc with a 8 core amd fx processor....
i'm into pro gaming so i dont mind the size

I liked the original Level 10. The GT didn't really appeal though.

I don't think I could go back to anything larger than a TKL. I only use the number row and standard keys anyway, the numpad is never used except for university assignments.

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,185 of 2,079
Quote:
I liked the original Level 10. The GT didn't really appeal though.

I don't think I could go back to anything larger than a TKL. I only use the number row and standard keys anyway, the numpad is never used except for university assignments.

Sometimes I wonder why do manufacturers bother with the numpad at all? Its not used for most users, and for the others, they exclusively use the numbad. Its an either or case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back