Keyboard-Fi
Jan 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #1,007 of 2,079
Quote:
Blues are supposed to be the best ergonomically. 

Best for typing. Even better when compared to the s***ty keyboards that come with laptops nowadays (except Thinkpad, their keyboards are still alright).
I have to put up with one such laptop at office, and it seriously feels like using a gaming console to type. I can feel the rubber dome effect when I press the key. The travel is small, and the feel is non linear.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,008 of 2,079
Thanks, I'll check those out! What I meant was, I want to replace my entire keyboard's caps but I have difficulty finding keycaps that let the light shine through the letters on them. Most of the keycaps out there seem to be opaque.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,009 of 2,079
Quote:
Thanks, I'll check those out! What I meant was, I want to replace my entire keyboard's caps but I have difficulty finding keycaps that let the light shine through the letters on them. Most of the keycaps out there seem to be opaque.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=229

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=228

Those are the only two i know of that are not completely transparent. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,014 of 2,079
I was asked to come...well here goes. I was here a long time ago I believe. Well here it is

Quote:
Why the Razer ones? They tend to die, and are very cheapy feeling... Comparing a regular BW to my Ducky Shine 2, I can gladly say that the ducky is much more sturdy, and nicely built. Have you been to the Keaboard-Fi thread yet?

From reports. They do have crummy QC. But if it lives. It works.

Yes I have and the OCN one.

Why the BW?

I am a gamer. Period. It looks nice with my mouse. 

It was down to the flagship Corsair and the BW. The Logitech new flagship mechanical and others didn't/weren't what I was looking for. Their reviews and feedback also showed problems.

The only ones with good reviews for gamers were the Corsair and Razer. Tte sports and Rosewill and others of course were in but they are still relatively new and weren't what I was looking for in programability.

Thus I got down to the BW Elite and Expert 2013 keyboards.

I will be buying from BB who has an excellent(read as stupid) return warranty where they will replace it for literally any reason. 

Ducky is out of my price range.

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #1,016 of 2,079
Quote:
I use the Logitech G19. Bought it a few years ago for the LCD screen - only thing I use it for is to check the weather using LCDMiscellany

That's what I thought. I used to think about how cool it would be to have one

But after ACTUALLY thinking about it. I knew it would be useless basically.

Thankfully I got myself a mech.

I was between Corsair flagship, Razer 2013 Elite(regular) edition, and Logitech G710+.

Teh Corsair flagship lost out as its color wasn't what I wanted.

The Logitech G710+ got mediocre reviews from various reviewerships.

And finally I got the Razer BW Ultimate. 
It was on sale so I said why not. $15 more than Elite edition.

Got it at best buy with a price match from Amazon. this makes it so that any QC issues can quickly be resolved and fixed.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #1,017 of 2,079
Quote:

I was between Corsair flagship, Razer 2013 Elite(regular) edition, and Logitech G710+.

Got it at best buy with a price match from Amazon. this makes it so that any QC issues can quickly be resolved and fixed.

Nice. MX Blue I assume?

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #1,018 of 2,079
Quote:
Nice. MX Blue I assume?

Yep, Blue MX 
tongue.gif

Quite lovely to type on.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #1,019 of 2,079
Quote:

The Blackwidow is a bit expensive for what you get in my opinion.  Especially with the varieties of CM Storm keyboards.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,020 of 2,079
Quote:
The Blackwidow is a bit expensive for what you get in my opinion.  Especially with the varieties of CM Storm keyboards.

I didn't like those either.

look, features, and overall score mattered most.

Review sites obviously aren't without their own bias, but a 4.5-5 star from a majority of websites was good enough for me.

The Razer had the looks I wanted, the switches and the features.

And to prevent QC problem. I used Amazon price match to get BB to sell me the Ultimate 2013 for $115. And if it breaks, I get a new replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back