Keyboard-Fi
Nov 22, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #916 of 2,079
Quote:
I messed with one at Staples one, couldn't stop poking it xD, but it looked like it would be a great wrist pad, I also thought about buying 1 and cutting it to size
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder how you'd cut a gel based pad....the foam one I can understand.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #917 of 2,079
I wonder how you'd cut a gel based pad....the foam one I can understand.
Maybe using a knife or something, that's what I have been assuming.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #919 of 2,079
Quote:
Thats not what I meant. The gel will leak out.

I don't think it's that kind of gel.

I had one of the mouse hand versions of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Handstands-Beaded-Ergonomic-Wrist-Rest/dp/B001CWOKEM/

One of the few things that really helped my wrists back when they started to get a little funky. However, getting a better moues ended up removing the need for it.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #920 of 2,079
Quote:

I don't think it's that kind of gel.

I had one of the mouse hand versions of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Handstands-Beaded-Ergonomic-Wrist-Rest/dp/B001CWOKEM/

One of the few things that really helped my wrists back when they started to get a little funky. However, getting a better moues ended up removing the need for it.

Not sure about the gel, but 3M seems to have transparent wrist supports, so it seems like its 'filled' in.

Thanks for the suggestion.
The reason I need a wrist pad is because I keep the keyboard on the table itself, rather than use a keyboard tray (under the table).

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #921 of 2,079
Oh no, my space bar is squeaky, what should I do? Should I return it? I couldn't find any guides to lube Cherry stabilizers... please help!

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #923 of 2,079
I wish Daskeyboard has sold a model that was what I'd wanted. They make great products and they're a great resource for learning about mechanical keyboards. I would definitely have preferred to give them my money, even if I do love my Filco.

One thing I do wan to just drop in: I did not like my mechanical keyboard as much when I first got it. it was too different from the traditional keyboards I had. Now? I wish I could get away with having it at work. However, open floor plan office means no loud keyboards.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #924 of 2,079
I wish Daskeyboard has sold a model that was what I'd wanted. They make great products and they're a great resource for learning about mechanical keyboards. I would definitely have preferred to give them my money, even if I do love my Filco.

One thing I do wan to just drop in: I did not like my mechanical keyboard as much when I first got it. it was too different from the traditional keyboards I had. Now? I wish I could get away with having it at work. However, open floor plan office means no loud keyboards.
Topre keyboards aren't supposed to be loud, and are supposed to be amazing for typing, but, they are real expensive ~300

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #925 of 2,079
I have an HHKB Pro 2 which uses Topre keyswitches. They aren't loud per-say but they do provide a i bit more noise than the average rubber-dome keyboard (nowhere near a mx blue switch though). It all depends on if you think it's worth it to spend that kind of money on a keyboard - if you spend a lot of time near a computer (like me) then it all evens out in the end. :D

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #926 of 2,079
you must have found some incredibly quiet "average rubber-dome keyboards" - the Topre is far quieter than my previous dome, as well as my wife's dome keyboards

Quote:
I have an HHKB Pro 2 which uses Topre keyswitches. They aren't loud per-say but they do provide a i bit more noise than the average rubber-dome keyboard (nowhere near a mx blue switch though). It all depends on if you think it's worth it to spend that kind of money on a keyboard - if you spend a lot of time near a computer (like me) then it all evens out in the end.
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #929 of 2,079
Quote:
Yeah, it was on my old Razer Lycosa... how much do you think I could sell it for?

Look it up on ebay, see what others are selling it for
Quote:

I agree. I bought a brown and it was definitely a loud purchase. Now, I don't care about the extra noise and I am given to understand that the blues are louder still, but even at "quieter", the browns aren't "quiet". It's the difference between a large pistol and a small pistol versus a BB gun.

yea they are rather loud but it's not really a big deal... I use open headphones and I don't hear them [and I don't listen to loud music] so the noise is easily drowned out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back