Keyboard-Fi
Nov 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #871 of 2,079
Quote:
Just chiming in to say that I'm yet again finding myself incredibly impressed with my WASD keyboard. November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), and the challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel, or 50,000 words of a novel, in the month of November. A mechanical keyboard is proving to be absolutely brilliant for sitting down at the computer and typing for hours. I love it. My speed has improved, I think my accuracy has improved, and I feel better with my writing in general. If you're on the edge of deciding to get a keyboard, I'd highly recommend it.

I love the 'click' sound. It reminds me of a typewriter.

Btw, do you use any wristpad? I find it a bit hard to use a keyboard without one.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #872 of 2,079
I do not, but I wish I did. I will probably end up getting one at some point.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #873 of 2,079
Quote:
I do not, but I wish I did. I will probably end up getting one at some point.

Yeah, right now I'm just making do with a rolled up towel.
But it really drives up the comfort level.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #875 of 2,079
Quote:
anyone can recommend me a cherry red mechanical keyboard ? brand and model ? 

Rosewill is good. Plain and Simple.
Ducky is also nice, got some additional options like backlighting.

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #876 of 2,079
I love my Ducky Shine!!! One of the best things I have bought over the past few years...

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #877 of 2,079
Quote:
Rosewill is good. Plain and Simple.
Ducky is also nice, got some additional options like backlighting.

I wouldn't recommend the Rosewill. Major QC issues with that keyboard and that manufacturer. It's a very sleek and solid keyboard to be sure, but the one I ordered arrived DOA. I'm not the only one who's had this problem; I've read about a lot of other people having the problem. Obviously a QC issue on their side. If you do order one, hope that it dies before the warranty ends.

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #879 of 2,079
Well, looks like I'm set on the Ducky MX Blue Year of the Dragon if I can find one. It has seemed to take the priority over a speaker set-up, Nexus 7, and the upcoming Orbit vinyl player...

EDIT: Actually, I can't find the Blue Year of the Dragon anywhere!?!? Are there any that sell it anymore, or do I have to wait for the 2013 models?

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #880 of 2,079
Using a set of rosewill rk-9100 brown switches. Mine have been working fine the pass 2 months. 
And because my friend is the distro who brings them in where I am at. It's dirt cheap and I wouldn't have to worry about warranty. 
The lights however are a little on the bright side, hence i have them off-ed most of the time.

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #881 of 2,079
I have an 80's IBM Model M on my second machine, I run a Logitech Elite from about 6 years ago on my main system. The Elite has a great touch and feel to it. I use a gel wrist mat for support with the chair at correct height to help lessen the chance of getting CT. The keyboards are both corded, but I've never had issues with 'em! :)

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #882 of 2,079
Quote:

I wouldn't recommend the Rosewill. Major QC issues with that keyboard and that manufacturer. It's a very sleek and solid keyboard to be sure, but the one I ordered arrived DOA. I'm not the only one who's had this problem; I've read about a lot of other people having the problem. Obviously a QC issue on their side. If you do order one, hope that it dies before the warranty ends.

Indeed, I think Rosewell is a New Egg in house brand and well... yea suckish. Check and see if Zowei has a Cherry Red, But I do recommened you get a back lit, as yes lamps are cool but back lits are cooler imo. Still I have a green bulb in my lamp and it's pretty cool :3

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #883 of 2,079
A cheap Logitech, an expensive Microsoft and this Apple MBP. Funnily enough I preferred the keyboard in my old iBook, but this is ok.

I used to have a Dell copy of a Model M at work: it was old and slightly grungy and I regret not asking for one since they seemed to have a bunch of them they'd kept from old computers.

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #884 of 2,079

Users who are viewing this thread

Back