Keyboard-Fi
Dec 18, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #1,906 of 2,077
Looks good. How do you like the keycaps?

Here is my recent keeb from Niz with ePBT GOK BOW on the Atom 68
nizgokbow3.jpg
The keycaps were a total bust. Had manufactering issues and the stem of pretty much all the keycaps broke off (on 2 sets!). NovelKeys did provide a refund however, so customer service wasgood.

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,907 of 2,077
The keycaps were a total bust. Had manufactering issues and the stem of pretty much all the keycaps broke off (on 2 sets!). NovelKeys did provide a refund however, so customer service wasgood.
Yikes, that is crazy! I have not heard of that.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #1,908 of 2,077
There are so many new switches on the market from when I last looked at keyboards.

Are there any switches that have the tactile feedback as strong as brown/blues but without the loud sound. That way I can have the typist experience without the disturbance for the office.

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #1,910 of 2,077
Currently using this

1608764406297.png

Dec 24, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,911 of 2,077
There are so many new switches on the market from when I last looked at keyboards.

Are there any switches that have the tactile feedback as strong as brown/blues but without the loud sound. That way I can have the typist experience without the disturbance for the office.

Kind of but not really. I'd recommend getting a cheap switch tester from amazon or eBay so you know how the more premium switches feel. Basically they are Brown Switches with larger metal leaves and a different shape tactile "curve" on the stem.

Panda switches are popular because the stem bottoms out causing a "thocc" sound and nice feedback.

I really like the feel of T1 switches and Zealios if you are going to build your own board. If you just pick up an optical board, stick with gateron yellow linear switches.

The best truly silent option for switches would Zilents, Kailh Silent Pinks, Inyvr Boba U4, or Outemu Silent Sky.

I'm not a fan personally of silent switches because they feel mushy and not the best typing experience. But freaking awesome for gaming!

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,912 of 2,077
I would recommend a Realforce R2 PFU Limited Edition (it comes with Topre silenced switches and additional silencing mats to place under the keycaps to make the typing experience even more silent). Take good care of it and it will last you a very long time. PBT keycaps with dye-sublimated legends, so they won't wear out from use. I can't go back to any of my other mechanicals after trying this one (the switches are electrocapacitive, not truly mechanical). There is both a full-size and TKL version available. Unfortunately, no USB passthrough. It is very expensive, though.

If you absolutely need mechanical switches (like Cherry MX) then Durgod Taurus K320 with Cherry MX Silent switches is a good (and much cheaper) alternative.

Placed an order for the Durgod taurus 310 with cherry red silent.
Thank You!

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #1,913 of 2,077
I roll with this

RGB

I got it after my G19 took a schit. I never use it’s annoy led’s, I turn them off with the exception of wsad keys. Truth be told, I don’t even use it as I’ve given up on using desktop pc’s, they’ve been replaced by my ipads and my intel nuc. I do everything on my nuc using rvnc on my ipad, if that doesn’t work, I use my microsoft BT micro keyboard.

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #1,914 of 2,077
My camera's a bit off focus but here's my keyboard.
Its a Redragon K552 that has been extensively modded.
Specs:
Lubed and filmed Gateron Milky Blacks
Bootleg Sky Dolch keycaps I got off of AliExpress
1mm thick steel plate
Lubed cherry stabs
IMG_6603.JPG

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #1,915 of 2,077
My camera's a bit off focus but here's my keyboard.
Its a Redragon K552 that has been extensively modded.
Specs:
Lubed and filmed Gateron Milky Blacks
Bootleg Sky Dolch keycaps I got off of AliExpress
1mm thick steel plate
Lubed cherry stabs
IMG_6603.JPG
I have those sams caps on my dk1e build, cheers!

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #1,920 of 2,077
50960661233_556f665754_k.jpg

My newest toy.

Polycarbonate boards are really fun, they have a very satisfying sound without feeling quite as “cheap” as some other plastics can. Though they show scratches like crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back