Keyboard-Fi
Sep 22, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #182 of 2,079
I have a couple new IBM M type keyboards, plus a M13 space saver.
I really prefer the old heavy keyboards, (props to the Dell 101s too), but most of my computing is done on the TV with a Logi wireless.
I used to use an illuminated Logitech G15. That was good for night gaming, but I  gunked it up way too quick for a hunnert dollar keyboard.

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #183 of 2,079
I love the new Mac keyboards, they are so smooth and easy to type on.
However on my pc/s I still turn to my humble and trusty G15 and G19. Long live Logitech for computer accessories in my opinion!

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #184 of 2,079

Quote:
I love the new Mac keyboards, they are so smooth and easy to type on.
However on my pc/s I still turn to my humble and trusty G15 and G19. Long live Logitech for computer accessories in my opinion!

+1
After some suggestions on this thread, I was tempted to get a wired mac KB while browsing the A store!
I hooked it up to my home pc first... no issues.
Liked it so much... took it to work (since I do most of my typing there) and replaced the crappy dell KB... what a difference. The Dragon is barely getting any time now. And lots of comments from co-workers and patients alike...

2 months later: Not as happy! This is not a KB for typing long hrs. Sure it looks pretty but is low on functionality. I am getting rid of mine as soon as I can find a replacement.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #186 of 2,079
microsoft ergo 4000.  It really is a very good keyboard, well built and totally cleanable  big though, which can be a problem.

oh, also have a boxed, mint condition silver badge IBM model M that's 24 or 25 years old and some coiled cables...terrible keyboard, honestly, far too noisy!! good thing it has its box >_<

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #187 of 2,079
I might get a Filco FKB104M/EB (104 key, Cherry brown) to replace my Dell AT101W in a year or two. I'm starting to realize that the keys on the Dell could be a little lighter but I'm going to have to save up for the Filco.

There's no way I could ever use a tenkeyless. I use the numpad several times a day- who wants to input numbers with the silly row of keys above the letters?

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #188 of 2,079

Quote:
microsoft ergo 4000.  It really is a very good keyboard, well built and totally cleanable  big though, which can be a problem.

oh, also have a boxed, mint condition silver badge IBM model M that's 24 or 25 years old and some coiled cables...terrible keyboard, honestly, far too noisy!! good thing it has its box >_<

Far too noisy for what? It's not like it hurts your ears with noise. I wouldn't want to listen to music and type on it, but to me the sound is a good thing.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #189 of 2,079
I use a tenkeyless for the reason that I have a dedicated, separate number pad!  Considering I spend a third of the day or more in excel, it is a lifesaver
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
There's no way I could ever use a tenkeyless. I use the numpad several times a day- who wants to input numbers with the silly row of keys above the letters?

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #191 of 2,079

Quote:
I use a tenkeyless for the reason that I have a dedicated, separate number pad!  Considering I spend a third of the day or more in excel, it is a lifesaver
smily_headphones1.gif

Good idea. In my case the numpad would have to rest on my 26.5cm wide mousepad but I only use half that space anyhow.

I wish there were a non-NKRO version of the Filco tenkeyless on sale @ Elite Keyboards though since I don't need that feature and at $125 I'd be paying $16 more for fewer keys.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #192 of 2,079
Logitech Illuminated keyboard here.

Easily my favorite keyboard out of all the ones I've owned over the years. Being flat and space-saving is very important, and the backlight really helps for low-light typing.

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #194 of 2,079
I want one of these with blues so bad. It was a limited run, hopefully there will be more. Instant purchase.

I have blues in my Das Keyboard but I use exclusively my Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless with browns, because fullsize boards suck and Das' electronics aren't exactly praiseworthy.

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #195 of 2,079
Yum yum. I have to wait a few months for a Majestouch Tenkeyless in a UK layout to become available. The wait, arrrgh! I reckon I could use a blank one like the above as far as typing goes since I can touch type (at an entirely unimpressive speed) but I can never remember all the things like £$%^&* or any of the Fn+'s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back