Kevin Gilmore's Dynahi boards group buy
Nov 6, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #331 of 344
Can someone please tell me what power supply schematic to use? Does each channel need its own power supply? Finally, what value stepped attenuator did you use (20k or 50k or ??)? Thanks

Nov 6, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #332 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverCans
Can someone please tell me what power supply schematic to use?

Kevin has not (to my knowledge) published a final PSU design for this. See below.

Quote:

Does each channel need its own power supply?

No. Nothing precludes you from doing that if you want however.

Quote:

Finally, what value stepped attenuator did you use (20k or 50k or ??)? Thanks

I didn't go the stepped route, but IIRC, it was 10K.

If I was serious about building one of these (and I am), I would go to the first post in this thread, click on the "Dynahi" thread, and read it. Then I would read this thread. Then I would find the "Dynahi construction" thread, and read it too. They will answer all of your questions, and then some. Of course, they'll probably bring up more questions...
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #333 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Someone has to volunteer to become the coordinator/hub for that one. I really won't have time for a while for taking up a groupbuy.

If you will handle ordering the boards I will take care of collecting the cash and distributing the boards.
This way any questions regarding the transferability of the discount on the second run becomes a moot point
My feeling is it should be donated to Head-fi anyhow but that is another topic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Let me know what you think and we can get the ball rolling.

Nov 7, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #334 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
If you will handle ordering the boards I will take care of collecting the cash and distributing the boards.
This way any questions regarding the transferability of the discount on the second run becomes a moot point
My feeling is it should be donated to Head-fi anyhow but that is another topic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Let me know what you think and we can get the ball rolling.

I think that's perfectly doable. I would only need to give them your shipping address. That will be different from the one they have registered for me, but I guess calling them should clarify that.

Do start the second groupbuy then, once you reach your joining deadline and have the money to place the order, you could Paypal me and I'd be glad to place the order, so the discount will be applied for sure.

In principle I qualify for a discount of up to $350. I will talk to them to get exact information about what discount we'll get depending on # of boards ordered.

Cheers,
Raul

Nov 8, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #335 of 344
Shoot me a PM and let me know what they say.
Can you also verify the pricing scale you posted earlier in this thread?
(http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showp...8&postcount=92)
In the mean time I think it would be wise for me to set up a non CC Paypal account for those that can avoid the fees.
I will post the thread for the second group buy on Monday.
And I have to thank you again for the outstanding service you have provided here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #338 of 344
Major thread resucitation!
smily_headphones1.gif

As most of you might know, the blackout Headfi suffered in 2007 made us lose all photos that had been uploaded onto the Photo gallery, braking all links that pointed to those pics.

I recently uploaded all the Dynahi board pics onto Picasa, so here's the link, for anyone who might be interested in this thread:

Picasa Web Albums - Raul - Dynahi boards

May 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #340 of 344
For boards, Dan Gardner still has some. The 2SA1349 or 2SC3381 can be hard to find, but can be replaced with pairs of 2SA970/2SC2240s. There were some floating around on diyaudio, and Dan Gardner may have some as well (the 2SA1349 or 2SC3381duals). The input dual FETs are impossible to find (2SJ109/2SK389), but may be replaced by the individual 2SJ74/2SK170.

May 30, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #343 of 344

Quote:
True but... not sure if the contact info is still valid (???).
I have sent an email a while back, using the contact info provided there... no response unfortunately.
frown.gif

Same situation here. No response after two e-mails, with a couple of months between them.

May 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #344 of 344
Ti Kan has informed me that he has taken over the rest of the boards and parts from dan gardner
and will be selling the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back