Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Feb 7, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #226 of 299
The CFA3 would fit the bill there, wouldn’t it? Mine (a wonderful build from @Dukei) has driven the pants off everything I’ve tried it with: Susvara, 1266 Phi TC etc.

Looking forward to comparing it to the Eksonic T2 when that arrives 🤤
I'm asking for a estat amp, I thought the CFA3 is purely regular headphones and optionally speakers?

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #228 of 299
Since I already have potent regular tube amps are there plans on an Eksonic solid state amp?
So thst I can use my regular tube amp as pre into it?
We are looking at solid state amps, but don’t have any specific timeframe yet.

Edit: Yes, for e-stats.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #229 of 299
Yes, it is — missed that you wanted it for electrostats. Sorry if I got your hopes up!
No worries
We are looking at solid state amps, but don’t have any specific timeframe yet.

Edit: Yes, for e-stats.
Good to know :)
Looking forward to New Designs

Luckily it's not urgent yer in my case

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #230 of 299
I heard the T2 and Aeras for the first time this weekend at CanJam NYC and it was my favorite system at the show, specifically the T2 with the 009S. I preferred it to all of the other electrostatic amplifiers I heard including 3ES, ES8, BHSE, Z10e, and Grand Cayman. I had a brief chance to use the Shangri-La Sr with the T2 as well and that was great but the improvement over the 009S was not enough for me to justify the large price difference. I thought that the Shangri-La Sr had a better top end presentation with more air and smoothness but was otherwise quite similar to the 009S.

My favorite electrostat I heard was the X9000 but I didn't get a chance to hear that on the T2. So I have orders in for both the T2 and X9000 and I'm looking forward to having them in my home system in 4-6 months from now. I might try and get a used 009S before the T2 arrives as well. Here are some pictures of the Eksonic table from CanJam NYC:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 009S.jpg
    009S.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Aeras.jpg
    Aeras.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CRBN.jpg
    CRBN.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Shang.jpg
    Shang.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 0
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #231 of 299
Thats the first time I've seen the T2 in the anodized silver. Looks nice :slight_smile:

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #232 of 299
I heard the T2 and Aeras for the first time this weekend at CanJam NYC and it was my favorite system at the show, specifically the T2 with the 009S. I preferred it to all of the other electrostatic amplifiers I heard including 3ES, ES8, BHSE, Z10e, and Grand Cayman. I had a brief chance to use the Shangri-La Sr with the T2 as well and that was great but the improvement over the 009S was not enough for me to justify the large price difference. I thought that the Shangri-La Sr had a better top end presentation with more air and smoothness but was otherwise quite similar to the 009S.

My favorite electrostat I heard was the X9000 but I didn't get a chance to hear that on the T2. So I have orders in for both the T2 and X9000 and I'm looking forward to having them in my home system in 4-6 months from now. I might try and get a used 009S before the T2 arrives as well. Here are some pictures of the Eksonic table from CanJam NYC:
Hell yeah, jumping into the deep end straight away lol

Mar 6, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #233 of 299
The nagging desire to get an X9000 and Aeras...

Is there any photos of the Aeras' internals available?

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #234 of 299
The nagging desire to get an X9000 and Aeras...

Is there any photos of the Aeras' internals available?

Following-up on my own request LOL

Any chance there are photos out there of Aeras' internals???

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #235 of 299
I tried to make contact with Eksonic through the website contact service. Sent a couple of requests over the last two weeks but no responses as yet. Is there a known problem with the site / response time or should I just drop the idea of going this route as they just don’t seem interested or responsive?

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #236 of 299
I tried to make contact with Eksonic through the website contact service. Sent a couple of requests over the last two weeks but no responses as yet. Is there a known problem with the site / response time or should I just drop the idea of going this route as they just don’t seem interested or responsive?
I’ll remind him to check if there’s a problem I know him personally.

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #237 of 299

Sorry you're going through that. Kerry has been the most responsive of any company I've ever dealt with. I would assume something is wrong. I'd try to stick it out. :)

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #238 of 299
Check your spam, this happens to me when i initially inquired for the t2

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #239 of 299
I’ll remind him to check if there’s a problem I know him personally.
I also messaged him through the website interface but never heard back. I'd appreciate it if you would mention it is more than one person experiencing the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back