Kenwood vs iMod vs amped iPod
May 24, 2007 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

antonyfirst

Headphoneus Supremus
This will be hot!!! Has anyone listened to them?
MaloS, a fellow headfier, has listened to both Kenwood players and iMod and liked them both, basically in the same way. So, I was thinking if the Kenwood is the ultimate upgrade in portable setups.

May 24, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 44
From what I've read, the Imod appears to be the best of the choices you've provided. But, you would need an amp for the Imod since the headphone plug is disabled during the modification process and the other source of audio is from the line-out. Between cost and quality, I would go with the amped ipod.

May 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 44
Another vote for the amped Ipod (line out). I know folks are failry happy with the iMod but I just couldn't sacrifice the headphone out - there are times when ultra portability is required.

May 24, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not the new Imod wich let you keep the headphone out intact when you need portability ?

I'm not sure how attractive a $700 minimum player is to most people. Then add in an amp and then your phones...

May 24, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 44
I already own a Kenwood. I would be interested in comments from someonw who have listened to at least two of the listed players.

May 24, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #8 of 44
Lets
give
one important

p oint o f
praise for i Mod.

Unlike the Ken-
-wood
the iMod

does not
hiss.

May 24, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #11 of 44
iMod + MisterX Xp or Hornet or Tomahawk will [size=large]DESTROY[/size]
any other portable and many desktop rigs.

I know b/c I have traveled many roads.

basshead.gif

May 25, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #13 of 44
well. With 4th Gen imod, you can still use it unamp with volume attenuator. I'll go with imod.

May 25, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did he tell you which amp he used with the iMod?

YEAH. The Ray Samuels SR71.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back