Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 11, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #1,801 of 10,021
Just checking, did everybody else's thror came with the litz cable? Mine didn't.

It came with the same cable as odin, and I just swapped them over to the thror in the pics.
Custom Litz cable was supplied only with preorder in special offer. All other headphones are completed with standard cable.
But all buyers who bought Thror with Odin's cable, will get renew cable with next supply to Pierre Paya.

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #1,803 of 10,021
Thanks for the clarification.

Does the renew cables extend to customers in other countries?
That is unnecessary. Thror with old cables were received only by the first five clients of Pierre.
You're THR013 already have the renewed cable)))

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,804 of 10,021
Hello everyone,

All there is to know about the Russian forum concerning the old Odin mk1 and mk2 (end of production) and the new Odin mk3 (Thridi) which will replace them and will most probably have new grids distinct from the old Odin (mk1 and mk2 ) and also of the Thror flagship.

http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=108&p=2544786&viewfull=1#post2544786

Thror and Odin Thridi (mk3) use the new honeycomb membranes; The Thror is distinguished by its carbon frame for the drivers.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #1,805 of 10,021
Hi all,

Above right, on the picture: a new white version of the Odin Thridi / Thror ?, or a new headphone prototype ? ; but the grid seems new, in addition to the white pads and white headband.

18071303101623553815805247.jpg

In the center, one of the last Odin mk2 in pale moon ebony + Re-Leaf E3 Hybrid Amp.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,808 of 10,021
Hi all,

Above right, on the picture: a new white version of the Odin Thridi / Thror ?, or a new headphone prototype ? ; but the grid seems new, in addition to the white pads and white headband.

18071303101623553815805247.jpg

In the center, one of the last Odin mk2 in pale moon ebony + Re-Leaf E3 Hybrid Amp.

Afaik, its an early prototype

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,810 of 10,021
18071508521923553815808637.jpg

FIFA World Cup
RUSSIA 2018
St Petersburg/Moscow

The winner is ? :):):)

18071508001723553815808575.jpg

French supporter in Moscow wearing a heavy helmet of Russian origin.

Above, on the T-shirt, another Russian helmet (uh headphones), much lighter. :beyersmile:

Russians and French can be proud! :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,812 of 10,021
Almost exactly a year after I first heard heard the Odins, I finally have my hands on a pair! I snagged the sample pair, which seemed perfect for me as it has my favorite incarnation of the drivers with the lighter grills and new headband. Only a couple songs in, but it's instant magic.

Congratulations.

It's a very addictive headphones, the Odin; I keep it preciously in addition to the new flagship of the brand Kennerton, the Thror, even if I listen more this last headphones now.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #1,813 of 10,021
Hi everybody,

Curious the effects that bring me my two headphones Kennerton, the Odin mk2 and the Thror.
With the Odin mk2, a very addictive headphones as already said, the pleasant effect is immediate and intense: that is the epicurean pleasure of the good pulpit.
No trouble to renew at leisure this pleasure, completely addictive.

With the Thror it is different; the pleasure is different; one is like the spectator of a very good concert or recording, both slightly concentrated and ecstatic to enjoy the multitude of details and sound plans that brings us the headphones: for example, we take to listen for a moment the brass, and then the game of the double bass, then the muffled rumble (very low octave) of the great organ in the case of listening to the symphony of Saint Saëns for organ (finale in video above), while saying that all it is very impressive.
Better still, the auditory memory of the Concert (Saint-Saëns's symphony, Bizet's Carmen opera, for the last works of classical music listened to) trots in your head several days in a row; really strange this feeling of revival of the work listened to, several days later.

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,814 of 10,021
Thought I would stop back in and report that I am now the very happy owner of a Kennerton Odin mark II. This headphone is beautifully made and sounds wonderful. At this point I definitely prefer it over everything else that I have heard up to this point. For my tastes, it seems to get everything just right. I want to thank everyone on this forum for providing such great information on this company and their headphones.

Jul 27, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,815 of 10,021
THR009 off to @Sorrodje to get measured as soon as I can find a free minute here.

I won't comment on sound, but I will stretch how important it is to get them setup just right.

The headband is stiff as anything, and much more than my Vali there's a very fine line between "something is annoying me" and "disappears".

If you get it wrong or you're just lazy, something like my 700g+ blackwood & brass auteur are more comfortable.

Also the pads take a while to warm up, they feel a bit too stiff when you plonk them on your head cold.

The good thing is you can tell instantly - you put them on your head and you can immediately tell if something presses more than some other part.

I like the cable a lot, especially how it has no splitter. That's a good thing as its proper russian style "built like tank" and while smooth as silk its not the lightest cable, it doesn't need anything else adding mass.

@Sorrodje has received your headphones, the Kennerton Thror THR009 ; it seems to appreciate your headphones in first listen (quite different from the Odin mk2); we look forward to its measures that I hope to be transcribed also on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back