KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES
Mar 2, 2006 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

xand1x

500+ Head-Fier
Is it just me or is this cereal king of them all? I mean, nothing hits the spot at 2am like an XL bowl of cornflakes (not that frosted kind either). I'm pretty serious about cereal and honestly nothing out there has been able to surpass the simple, yet complex, taste of a bowl of cornflakes done properly. Does anyone else agree?

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 20
I could only ever eat cornflakes with sugar . . . I'm a sweets man.

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 20
Just remember, foreskin wire
eek.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 20
Homemade Chicken Vegtable soup for breakfast. UMMMMM Good.
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 20
Cocoa Puffs. Corn flakes are too salty. Check the label.
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 20
Cornflakes are good (and I'm with you on the regular style or nothing), but have you ever tried mixing normal cornflakes with normal cheerios? So good. The textures go together really well.

Although since I became vegan sometime last year I haven't really been able to enjoy any kinds of cereal. I like soymilk, almond milk, etcetera a lot, but they just don't compliment the cereals I used to eat at all.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nirvanalvr12
Cornflakes are good.. but I'm a Cinnamon Toast Crunch man myself... I could eat that stuff boxes at a time!

Well said!
biggrin.gif
CTC is quite possibly the best cereal out there. Kellogg's Frosted Flakes rock too.

Some others that have withheld the test of time:
Kellogg's Raisin Bran
Frosted Mini Wheats
Count Chocula

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #12 of 20
I prefer hot cereals, plain ol' oatmeal or cream of wheat a little brown sugar, maple syrup and raisins.

Garrett

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #13 of 20
I doddle too much when I eat corn flakes and they get soggy.

It is a tough balance you don't want them too dry but you definitely don't want them soggy. I usually mix the flakes in with other cereals but if I have a bowl I definitely make it XS rather than XL as to avoid the sogginess.

My favourite cereal is Spoon Sized Shredded Wheat with Bran. And Corn Bran is a guilty pleasure I dabble in sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back