Keith Jarrett Discussion and Poll
Nov 18, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 15
This was a hard call.  I love his Shostokovich, but the European Quartet wins for most often listened to, followed closely by the studio piano solos.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 15
This might be the most detailed list of poll options I've ever seen...
beerchug.gif

Anyway, I picked the studio solo albums. Facing You is my favorite Jarrett work, followed by the Standards series.

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 15
I voted for Jarrett's work with the Standards Trio but I also enjoy his quartet work (both American & European). In addition his stint as a sideman with Miles Davis is very interesting since he often played electric piano with Miles and these days Jarrett can't stand and won't have anything to do with the electric piano, which is too bad because he played the e. piano quite well.

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 15
I love them all but I had to vote for the live solo improvisations.  I'm like Patrick Moraz, wqho famously said that he was an "unconditional fan" of Keith Jarrett.

I have not yet heard "Testament".  How do folks here like it? 

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 15
Tough choice -- I picked the Standards Trio, but there are so many recordings and some are so much better than others.  I probably listen most often to the cd "The Cure" though.  But some of the solo things, some of the American Quartet things, I love about equally with the best of the Standards Trio.  Classical I'm not sure -- there are so many great, like truly great, classical players.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
i didn't think Keith could ever equal the Koln performance, but Testament did just that...  amazing!!

Agreed. Testament is a must-have for a Jarrett fan. I downloaded it in 24/96 from HDtracks.com -- truly stunning!

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #15 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back