KEF M500 vs. PSB M4U1?
Oct 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bpbutler95

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I've been looking into both of these headphones for weeks now and I just can't decide between the two. I am going for the most natural and pleasing sound I can get. I use headphones on the bus, when walking around campus (I'm a college student), and when just doing homework at my apartment. I know that the PSB's isolate much better, but they also look incredibly huge and I've heard that they are pretty heavy. I don't know, just a dilemma I suppose. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 10
M500 have the edge on sound quality, comfort and style. They're also much lighter. 
If you've got small ears (around 65mm tall) consider the Sennheiser Momentum - they isolate better than the M500.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 10
It appears that my ears are about 60mm tall, does that mean that the Momentum will fit like an over-ear on me?

It should unless they REALLY stick out 
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #6 of 10
So I guess this puts me at M500 vs. Momentum now. My primary concerns with the Momentums is that I hear that they are a little on the warm side, whereas I'm looking for a beautiful, clean sound. When people talk about the sound of Momentums, they say that they sound great and that it's a great headphone. But when people talk about the sound of the M500, they get excited about it, they talk about being hooked by that sound and it being immensely enjoyable. So, to me, it seems as though the M500 would be the clear choice. But the isolation is a factor to consider too. Just don't want to rush into any decisions.

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 10
Alright, that's what I'm planning on then. :) Is the isolation so terrible that outside noise (people around me talking at normal levels, general room sound) would become a serious distraction? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back