KEF M500 vs KEF Space One recommendation
Feb 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fr0gg3r

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, newbye here (even though I've searched this forum a lot during last months).
I would like to have a recommendation about a "portable" pair of headphones for commuting/office if possible.
I have tried some phones recently at a local shop, mostly over the ear (Plantronics BB2, DT880, ATH M50x, ATH MSR7, Fidelio x2, ...) but I fell in love with KEF M500 and I bought them.
They express the kind of sound I really like and I am fully satisfied with them. The problem is that they are on ear and I cannot stand having them on my head for more than a straight hour, they become uncomfortable quickly (at least for me)
I have seen that KEF in these years has produced another model (KEF space one) that, besides being bluetooth (which I honestly don't care that much), is also over the ear. I hope that maybe this design change can be more comfortable for me.
Coming to my question, can I kindly ask if someone has an opinion/review about how close those 2 headphones are in terms of sounding? Has anyone tried them both?
If there are other type of headphones that match best the SQ of the KEF M500 feel free to share. I will use them with my phone (P30 pro) + Radsone ES100.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello everybody, newbye here (even though I've searched this forum a lot during last months).
I would like to have a recommendation about a "portable" pair of headphones for commuting/office if possible.
I have tried some phones recently at a local shop, mostly over the ear (Plantronics BB2, DT880, ATH M50x, ATH MSR7, Fidelio x2, ...) but I fell in love with KEF M500 and I bought them.
They express the kind of sound I really like and I am fully satisfied with them. The problem is that they are on ear and I cannot stand having them on my head for more than a straight hour, they become uncomfortable quickly (at least for me)
I have seen that KEF in these years has produced another model (KEF space one) that, besides being bluetooth (which I honestly don't care that much), is also over the ear. I hope that maybe this design change can be more comfortable for me.
Coming to my question, can I kindly ask if someone has an opinion/review about how close those 2 headphones are in terms of sounding? Has anyone tried them both?
If there are other type of headphones that match best the SQ of the KEF M500 feel free to share. I will use them with my phone (P30 pro) + Radsone ES100.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I did a search for "M500" in a thread on the Space One. You'll find a few comparisons there.

https://www.head-fi.org/search/159680/?q=m500&t=post&c[thread]=821779&o=relevance

Feb 20, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks, some of them I already read, others not. Very helpful
I bought a pair of all-black M500s off Ebay several months ago, new in a sealed box. I haven't opened the box yet. I'm not too concerned about them being uncomfortable, because I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350s, which are also on-ear, and I listen to them almost exclusively. I'm more concerned about whether or not I will like the way they sound, and I want I really good pair of full-sized headphones. All I have now is a pair of AKG M220 Pros which are kind of blah.

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 5
I bought a pair of all-black M500s off Ebay several months ago, new in a sealed box. I haven't opened the box yet. I'm not too concerned about them being uncomfortable, because I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350s, which are also on-ear, and I listen to them almost exclusively. I'm more concerned about whether or not I will like the way they sound, and I want I really good pair of full-sized headphones. All I have now is a pair of AKG M220 Pros which are kind of blah.
Well as I said in my post I love the way this m500 sound. Not too bassy, sound is rich, highs and mids are there. Very good vocals. If you ever try them, would like to know tour opinion too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back