KEF M500, one of the most natural sound headphone! Only real music, never tired!
Sep 7, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #31 of 31
I have some of these and love them. I sat in a shop with my DX50 for an hour or so trying out various pairs before settling on these. In the end, the straight shootout ended up being between these and the Momentum. I'd initially been impressed by the bomb-proof build of the V-moda 100s but the bass on them is really booming and, after the initial 'woah', I found it a bit much. I listen to various styles of music so wanted something a bit less oriented towards dance music without being unfriendly towards it as I do listen to that also. These sounded just a bit more lively than the Momentum to my ears although both sounded really neutral to me.

I don't really wear them out and about walking so any issue of slightly slippery headband hasn't affected me. Comfort-wise, I do sometimes wear them for a couple of hours and don't feel discomfort. I guess the comfort of headphones is every bit as subjective as the listening experience, as a friend who has knowledge of sound engineering was telling me. Although impressed, he found the KEFs to be too bright for him where I find them perfect. Build quality is fantastic, as I'd expect for spending as much.

All in all, 'decide your budget and go listen for yourself' seems to be the best advice anyone can give when shopping as nobody has the same ears (or the same shaped head)!

More $ than I've ever spent on 'phones but not regretting it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back