Keep UM2 or Exchange Em
Oct 27, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #76 of 87
Guess what...I bought E500 yesterday (Dang it...my wallet). I will compare both UM2 and E500 and decide which one I like the most. If I don't like both, I will probably buy super fi 5 pro or just stick with my old EP630
lambda.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #77 of 87
They will be miles above the 630. But the devil is in the details, so to speak. Some people simply do not like the more detailed sound of pricier phones, they prefer the more laid back less revealing sound of lazy phones. Especially when dealing with compressed music, a revealing phone exposes compression artifacts. Some people simply don't like that and would prefer the "cheaper" phone so to speak...

Ply

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #78 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH
Guess what...I bought E500 yesterday (Dang it...my wallet). I will compare both UM2 and E500 and decide which one I like the most. If I don't like both, I will probably buy super fi 5 pro or just stick with my old EP630
lambda.gif

Wow for that you could have goten the es2 and never looked back. Just giving you a hard time LOL

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489
Wow for that you could have goten the es2 and never looked back. Just giving you a hard time LOL

Yea...how fool I am, but hey you still can sell them if u don't like em
lambda.gif
and If I want to go custom...I will only choose UE 10 pro
biggrin.gif

Edit: or return

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #80 of 87
Quote:

Yea...how fool I am, but hey you still can sell them if u don't like em
lambda.gif
and If I want to go custom...I will only choose UE 10 pro
biggrin.gif

Lol. What you waiting for them UE10 it is...

Ply

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #81 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99
Lol. What you waiting for them UE10 it is...

Ply

Probably in the future. I'm not quite ready yet now since I don't have anything except a 1st gen Ipod Nano and I just took the wrong class(there goes my $1000). I'm just a beginner trying to learn
rs1smile.gif

BTW...do I need an amp to get a good sound out of E500 ? Is Ipod good enough?

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #82 of 87
Shoot...I'm starting to like my UM2 after I listened to my fav song with em on Iaudio U3. The bass was so punchy and amazing. And I already placed my order on E500
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #83 of 87
@jlingo

Did you already receive your ES2s? I would be very interested in your comparison with UM2 (w/ and w/o UM56) and E500.
I currently own UM2s and feel like I need to upgrade somehow. My favorite are the ES2s so far. I like the idea of having customs. And I like the sound signature of the UM2 in principal.

Nov 5, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #84 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom
@jlingo

Did you already receive your ES2s? I would be very interested in your comparison with UM2 (w/ and w/o UM56) and E500.
I currently own UM2s and feel like I need to upgrade somehow. My favorite are the ES2s so far. I like the idea of having customs. And I like the sound signature of the UM2 in principal.

Um2s' are my favorite by a long shot. Wouldn't mind trying a custom iem but budget does not allow...

Ply

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #85 of 87
Quote:

Shoot...I'm starting to like my UM2 after I listened to my fav song with em on Iaudio U3. The bass was so punchy and amazing. And I already placed my order on E500
frown.gif

Well, It's been ten days. Did you get the 500's yet? I'm not happy with the treble out of my UM2/56 combo and I'm thinking about getting a pair of the 500's.

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate
Well, It's been ten days. Did you get the 500's yet? I'm not happy with the treble out of my UM2/56 combo and I'm thinking about getting a pair of the 500's.

Yep, I got em. In fact, I sold em already =P. E500 have a really good details and treble. They are more balanced. The bass is tight and deep but less quantity than UM2. It's like you are listening to a real good stereo system at home and you are amazed by the sound. The vocal sounds far away not like UM2. They also don't have the fun that UM2 have(I feel that I want to dance whenever I listen to UM2). But if you really like treble and detail, you probably want to get E500.

To put it short, E500 are superior(design, clarity, detail, overall sound) but they won't make me enjoy the music as I do with UM2.

Nov 10, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #87 of 87
After almost two weeks with my UM2/UM56 combo I've decided I like the combination. It took about a week to get them in without hurting my ears. Maybe you can't hear highs after your ear canals have been traumatized, but they sound awesome now.The highs have been slowly returning each day - it's not "burn-in", I've had my UM2's for a long time, only the UM56s are new-to the point where the lack of detail is not a problem. They do make instruments sound real, and vocals are just wonderful. The bottom is there, but is has none of the overblown character some people ascribe to UM2's. I would like to hear the 500s with my 56s, but I'm not about to go through a buy/sell cycle just to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back