Keces 151 Troubleshooting?
Jan 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

EugeneK

500+ Head-Fier
My Keces 151 had a little hiccup this morning, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem:

The computer detected the DAC just fiine, with "Burr-Brown Japan PCM2702" popping up on the speaker description. However, when I tried to play anything on winamp, the song title would pop up while the waterfall display was still and the progress would stop at 0:00. I think the sound buffer wasn't filling.

I tried re-seating the USB cable and that fixed the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Keces 151 had a little hiccup this morning, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem:

The computer detected the DAC just fiine, with "Burr-Brown Japan PCM2702" popping up on the speaker description. However, when I tried to play anything on winamp, the song title would pop up while the waterfall display was still and the progress would stop at 0:00. I think the sound buffer wasn't filling.

I tried re-seating the USB cable and that fixed the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah, that happened to me once or twice, I think. Try turning off the unit and then powering it back on, and see if that fixes it.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 8
I've been having this happen a few times lately. My fix has been to unplug the USB cable and re-plug it in. Honestly it's been getting a little annoying.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 8
Happens to me on occasion due to issues with ASIO and switching back and forth between ASIO and non ASIO output sources. No big deal though. Never damaged my DAC.

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is very interesting. I've used DA151 and DA152 and it never happened to me. Can it be an OS issue? I'm using 64 bit Vista Ultimate.

It's happened to me with both the 151 and 152, in both Vista 32 bit and XP.

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's happened to me with both the 151 and 152, in both Vista 32 bit and XP.

I'm now using the Keces DA131.1 and there isn't any issue.
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back